Question about Motorcyclists

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
Why do I get pulled over constantly? I'm always wearing gear. I'm doing the speed limit. If you run my DMV, I haven't had a ticket since 89. I ride in a pack of maybe 3 riders total. Is it because I have a sportbike?

If so, I'm not the demographic that should get pulled over. I average twice a weekend. I always get let go, no warning or anything. The reason is, I'm not doing anything wrong. Anything I can do to alleviate this? It's a pain in the ass.

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
kneedragger said:
Why do I get pulled over constantly? I'm always wearing gear. I'm doing the speed limit. If you run my DMV, I haven't had a ticket since 89. I ride in a pack of maybe 3 riders total. Is it because I have a sportbike?

If so, I'm not the demographic that should get pulled over. I average twice a weekend. I always get let go, no warning or anything. The reason is, I'm not doing anything wrong. Anything I can do to alleviate this? It's a pain in the ass.

:idea: They think your sexy in your tight leathers on the big mean bike.

:-D

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Ask the cop to tell you his PC or RS for the stop. If he can't tell you, then it's a BS stop and call the shift supervisor and file a complaint. Otherwise, you will know what you are getting stopped for, and you can corret the situation.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
Lawfficer said:
Ask the cop to tell you his PC or RS for the stop. If he can't tell you, then it's a BS stop and call the shift supervisor and file a complaint. Otherwise, you will know what you are getting stopped for, and you can corret the situation.
There is never a reason for the stop and the ones I have heard were bullshit. Someone who's description you fit is the most common. It's in different municipalities.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
kneedragger said:
There is never a reason for the stop and the ones I have heard were bullshit. Someone who's description you fit is the most common. It's in different municipalities.

Start wearing a Clown suit. There are a limited number of Clowns on Motorcycles doing bad things so you are less likely to "fit the discription" of someone.

Or you can do Like I said when you get stopped. There is nothing that says you can't call the Dept that pulled you over and ask if there is an attempt to locate or ATL on someone fitting your discription at that time. If there is, they will tell you and ask if you can help. If not, immediatly ask to speak to the shift supervisor.

There is no reason why you, as a citizen can not confirm the officers story.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
kneedragger said:

That is so not true! I am a rider and have been since I am 8 years old. I started in motocross and then the day I turned 17 I got my first street bike and now 20 years later I still ride. I get pulled over, but not that often.

In this area there are a few huge motorcycle theft ring that steals bikes. One of them steals sport bikes and exports them. One steals sport bikes and joy rides them and crashes them. The last is my favorite. They are a group of sport bikers that hang out at the 7-11/Circle K at between 2300 and 0200 and do stunts in the middle of the state road. These stunt bikers wreck quite often, so they steal bikes for spare parts.

It is very difficult to read most license plates on the sport bikes as they are typically under the rear fender and in quite a few inches. And then some are bent up and at night with no light they are almost impossible to view. Plus there are plenty that go without plates at all. But the officer cant verify whether the bike is stolen or not without seeing the plates.

The descriptions usually given are vague too, they are usually listed as the type of bike and the main color, but not all the logos and stripes, etc.

So that is just one good reason.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
That is so not true! I am a rider and have been since I am 8 years old. I started in motocross and then the day I turned 17 I got my first street bike and now 20 years later I still ride. I get pulled over, but not that often.

In this area there are a few huge motorcycle theft ring that steals bikes. One of them steals sport bikes and exports them. One steals sport bikes and joy rides them and crashes them. The last is my favorite. They are a group of sport bikers that hang out at the 7-11/Circle K at between 2300 and 0200 and do stunts in the middle of the state road. These stunt bikers wreck quite often, so they steal bikes for spare parts.

It is very difficult to read most license plates on the sport bikes as they are typically under the rear fender and in quite a few inches. And then some are bent up and at night with no light they are almost impossible to view. Plus there are plenty that go without plates at all. But the officer cant verify whether the bike is stolen or not without seeing the plates.

The descriptions usually given are vague too, they are usually listed as the type of bike and the main color, but not all the logos and stripes, etc.

So that is just one good reason.

Have you ever seen me bash cops? This happens to me constantly. I always have my insurance and endorsement checked. They run me and let me go.

My bike is stock and the plate is on the fender. easy to read. I'm always wearing full gear and my bike has no stunter crap on it. I don't speed, much, on the street (5-10 over and not that often). No wheelies or stoppies. Generally, just riding.

I am not lying about this.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
No one is saying you are lying. I just gave you some really good reasons why bikes are stopped.

I am sorry for your troubles.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
No one is saying you are lying. I just gave you some really good reasons why bikes are stopped.

I am sorry for your troubles.
Can I blame you?

Lawman85

Banned
Ok guys... enough is enough..... he caught us....
Here is the truth Kneedragger, you are a target of a huge government conspiracy. We received the "National Police Email" on you quite sometime ago. The orders we received, which came directly from the CIA, was to stop you everytime we saw you and harass the sh** out of you for no reason at all. The CIA usually picks people at random to harass like this, so I'm not sure how your name made it to their list, but it is there. No matter what state, city or county you are in, we have strict orders to drop what we are doing and stop you.

I'm not saying I agree with this, just letting you in on the secret. I would say you could write them a letter or call, but then you would probably disappear for good. Just pretend you never read this post....

This message will self destruct in .......

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
Come on. Seriously. This is just a :whine: in a form of a question. It's called profiling. As discussed many times here on this forum, yes... it sucks to be profiled, but statistically speaking for police, it works great. For every 1 that's "harassed" 2 are getting arrested for several violations. For example, bikers are NITORIOUS for riding their bikes while NOT having a motorcycle license (just a class c car license). Easy pickins.

Statistical profiling. It's the same thing when I first bought my mustang. My insurance more then doubled after reporting the new VIN. I called them to discuss it and said, "Look, I've been with you guys (allstate) for 12 years, never switching even if some others undercut you. My record is flawless and has been so the entire time. Why must it go up so much?" His words, "We judge by alot of statistical data, the engine displacement, the driver's age and experience, and the car make and model - Mustangs have a very high claim rate so you fall in to that risk regardless of your record, sorry." Needless to say, I'm no longer with them. The point is, you could be the most perfect, upstanding citizen in the world, but you fit an stereotype and profile and it sucks but it comes with the territory. The actions of a few ruin it for the rest.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
Lawman85 said:
Ok guys... enough is enough..... he caught us....
Here is the truth Kneedragger, you are a target of a huge government conspiracy. We received the "National Police Email" on you quite sometime ago. The orders we received, which came directly from the CIA, was to stop you everytime we saw you and harass the sh** out of you for no reason at all. The CIA usually picks people at random to harass like this, so I'm not sure how your name made it to their list, but it is there. No matter what state, city or county you are in, we have strict orders to drop what we are doing and stop you.

I'm not saying I agree with this, just letting you in on the secret. I would say you could write them a letter or call, but then you would probably disappear for good. Just pretend you never read this post....

This message will self destruct in .......

I'm asking an honest question. If you want to be snotty about it.

Cops look for certain things, am I wrong about this? No such things as patterns or clues. No things that would tip you off. Did I say there was a national conspiracy? There are things that are common among law enforcement. The training is pretty cookie cutter, as people are predictable animals. Hence the reason for the honest question.

Last edited:

Lawman85

Banned
kneedragger said:
I'm asking an honest question. If you want to be snotty about it.

Cops look for certain things, am I wrong about this? No such things as patterns or clues. No things that would tip you off. Did I say there was a national conspiracy? There are things that are common among law enforcement. The training is pretty cookie cutter, as people are predictable animals. Hence the reason for the honest question.

Seems like you were looking for a specific answer and none of the honest ones satisfied you. I figured this is what you wanted to hear. You must be doing something to get stopped.... if you think you are being harassed then get the next officer's name and report him to his supervisor.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
Lawman85 said:
Seems like you were looking for a specific answer and none of the honest ones satisfied you. I figured this is what you wanted to hear. You must be doing something to get stopped.... if you think you are being harassed then get the next officer's name and report him to his supervisor.
Whose answer did I discount? Maybe I'm not reading the same thread.

Users who are viewing this thread