Question about mods?

Chris_96cobra

Established Member
Well I am ordering a new mach 1, and since the motor is pretty much a 01 cobra motor I thought I would get some suggestions on what the first mods should be? Here is what my plans r for the first mods.

Steeda UDP
Steeda T/A
Bassani O/R X pipe
FMS 3:73 gears
Steeda Tri Ax
PHP Chip
MAM(which would be right for the application)
Razzi body kit
what about a SHM ported upper intake?

fangstang

Established Member
Do 4.10 gears instead, and why in the world would you put such a body kit on a limited production mustang?

Chris_96cobra

Established Member
Well I am not to crazy about the factory ground effects and the frount bumper, and I want my stang to be a one of a kind, what about the other mods, I want to stay N/A.

fangstang

Established Member
The other mods sound great! Get some Nitto 555r's for the rear, and you're set!

supersp0rt

Established Member
dont forget to add your 9# vortech on there as well, and while your at it you couls use some new cams...and since youre taking the engine apart anyways, you may as well get some stage 3 heads. id upgrade the rear end and get some gears and put in a roll cage too, just to be safe. speaking of safety, some 5 points are a good idea and what is all of this without comfort...some nice momo seats with italian leather should do nicely. have i forgotten anything?:)

RiceCooker

I'd wait until more details are out on the Mach-1. Supposedly it will be more than just an '01 motor. New upper intake, new heads, new cams, new headers, etc...

Unless I am behind the info curve here and Ford has released more info on the Mach-1. And even year-to-year, Ford makes adjustments that require the mods be adjusted.

I'd wait and see for now.

pichon244

Banned
MACH 1 MOTOR IS IDENTICAL TO 2001 COBRA

NEW MACH 1 WILL MAKE ABOUT 310HP----FORD IS GOING TO CHOKE THE EXHAUST A LITTLE BIT SO IT MAKES 10HP LESS THAN THE 2001-----BUT THE ENGINE IS IDENTICAL IN EVERY WAY-----FORD IS FULL OF SHIT---WHEN THEY SAY IT WILL BE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT FROM THE 2001

pichon244

Banned
I said . . .

the engine is identical----not the shaker hood scoop is not referred to when I'm talking about an engine-----i'm talking about the core components----lets not nit pick or play on words

Users who are viewing this thread