Question about methanol

Yellowmach86

Established Member
i have a stage 3 snow methanol kit that came with the terminator motor im swapping into my Mach. My question is do you think it's worth it to run the meth kit or sell it and put the money on other upgrades? If I were to sell it what is the going price for a stage 3?

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a meth kit on my 93 foxbody, but it's more for helping to cool the Kenne Bell. If you're planning on crazy boost and really wanting to wind out the motor then meth will help keep it from detonating. But if you're going to run typical upgrades and not try and boost it like an import then meth probably isn't going to do a lot.

Yellowmach86

Established Member
I'm shooting for somewhere between the 5-600 mark and was planning on running the killer chiller kit and get the snake bite package from steig on it

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I wouldn't think a meth kit would really benefit you if that's your goal. 500-600 rwhp isn't too difficult to make or too extreme on a terminator motor.

Yellowmach86

Established Member
Anyone know what a good asking price is for one they're 800 new this one is used I'm pretty sure everything is there

bigmoose

Established Member
I'm shooting for somewhere between the 5-600 mark and was planning on running the killer chiller kit and get the snake bite package from steig on it
If you do go with the snake oil kit expect low 500s. Don't believe the numbers you read on them. I used to have one and myself and another guy at the dyno with one couldn't break 500 on 17#.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Yellowmach86

Established Member
That's ok I'm not trying to have the biggest dyno sheet and I don't really drag race so 495 vs 500 isn't a big deal I just am trying to keep her running as cool as possible

Yellowmach86

Established Member
Exactly I'm just looking for a nice weekend cruiser that I can get on every now and again and run my buddies red light to red light.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
My 93 is exactly for that. I didn't want to make it a 700 hp monster. I can impress people with it if I want and cruise it cross country. All I need.

Yellowmach86

Established Member
Yea I had a 750hp turbo trans am with a 6 speed and 1-3 were basically useless driving it on the street I'm more focused on setting the suspension up right so I can hit the corners fast that is where I get my excitement from

Users who are viewing this thread