Question about max boost on pump gas

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
Hi guys,

So, my car is currently at the shop as I'm upgrading my bottom end.

I have 2 options for internals, the Boss assembly or the Livernois forged assembly.

I only have access to pump gas (93) and I want to push at least 700rwhp, preferably more (if possible). I was advised to lower the compression so I don't know which is the best way to achieve that.

The issue is, with my Roush TVS, I can only go as low as the 69mm pulley which makes about 12psi or as high as 16psi with an open element filter. I don't think I'll reach my number if I dropped the compression with the TVS.

My other option is to get the Livernois internals, sell the TVS and get a Paxton Novi 2200 and crank the boost.

I just need your input on which is the safest way to go, the car is still being torn apart, no decisions made, so you opinion is highly appreciated as I'm not very knowledgeable in those regards.

Thanks in advance ! :beer:

turbostang

Turbocharged
Established Member
I honestly believe going with the lower compression will get you closer to your HP goal on pump gas. Im also assuming your car is a stick shift? If so then that will get you even closer to your HP goal. Every car is different in the tuning process, just going to have to watch the AFR and be generous on the timing.

If your asking which rotating assembly to go with to acheive the compression ratio you demand, then by just getting the crankshaft stroke, rod length, cylinder bore, head combustion chamber cc and giving it to your engine builder he will be able to tell you what it will be. Somewhere around 9.0:1 would be good.

Last edited:

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
If I go with the same compression (11:1) what's the max boost I can go to?

And what if I drop to (10:1) or (9.5:1)?

I need turbos, I might just sell the car and get a GTR :-D

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
there is no fixed amount of boost for this CR or this octane etc. The real limiting factor is the amount of timing that you can run per your setup and fuel used. For instance- on my car 23 psi works just fine with 93 oct and 16* timing with a 9.2:1 CR, but any more timing and I would have to add more octane in order to no have detonation. the higher the CR, the greater the octane requirements with higher levels of boost.

Users who are viewing this thread