Question about MAC tailpipes...

Mike93

Stock exhaust looks like it makes a few bend to bring the tailpipes above the level of the mufflers. MAC appears to be completely level to one another...is this correct?

I'm looking to put a MAC IRS specific exhaust system onto my '93 LX that I have converted to an 03 IRS setup. I'm worried that the MAC tailpipes will sit far to low below the bumper.

Here is an image of the MAC kit:

yhst-54903704819342_2117_6513627

And an image of the upward bends I'm looking for:

IRSSwapDone003.jpg

IRSSwapDone1002.jpg

greengt88

Established Member
Word of advice....find another brand of catback...mac sounds good but it is crap quality, fitment and it will rust quickly.....bassani, magnaflow, corsa and slp make much nicer kits that will fit. I u really want the make sound try finding a used irs kit in the market section, sell those mufflers and buy just mac mufflers. Should keep cost and aggravation level. Hope that helps. I speak from experience others will probably chime in about the quality of mac.

Mike93

Thanks for the reply. I've been running a MAC exhaust front to back for the past 10 years and have not had an issue with anything that you've mentioned. I'm fine with the quality they offer.

Also, I haven't been able to find Cobra IRS style MAC mufflers that I could put in place of another system.

greengt88

Established Member
The ol stuff used to be good...put one on every fox I owned...had 7 of them, bought the mac kit for the cobra and it was the most awful exhaust I ever purchased. It didn't fit what soever the hangars were about 2 inches too short. Back in the late 90s they made good stuff. U need both sides off set on the mufflers, no part #s sorry

03snakenvtn

Established Member
I have the Mac catback on my 03 and the guy said it was a little difficult to install because it didn't fit 100% correct, he got it to look perfect. This was an experienced exhaust guy though. If you don't have the tools/equipment necessary to mess with it, I'd pick a different exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread