Question about loading a race tune.

bodon

Established Member
I put the recommended 60 miles on my 91PERF. V2 tune to enable the car to "recognize" the tune and my driving habits.So if I am going to use the race tune for racing should I load it and hit the track or run it on the street first?

myke hunt

Feugo
Established Member
Race Tune adds aggressive throttle tip in. You won't gain power just a quicker throttle opening. I would run the 91p first to get used to launching before the race tune.

dennisn

Established Member
Can't say for bama but lots of others race tunes turns off all traction nannies. Just be aware if that's the case you won't have abs, etc......

I run race tune only at the track but that's just one guy so take it for what's it's worth.

jsip

So horsepower Many torque
Established Member
Can't say for bama but lots of others race tunes turns off all traction nannies. Just be aware if that's the case you won't have abs, etc......

I run race tune only at the track but that's just one guy so take it for what's it's worth.

The Bama leaves the nannies on which I DO prefer. I can simply hit a button to turn them off when needed, which is usually every time I step in my car. If I ever get caught out in the rain it's just a tick to turn it back on.
Win/win, IMO.

Famine

Established Member
The Bama leaves the nannies on which I DO prefer. I can simply hit a button to turn them off when needed, which is usually every time I step in my car. If I ever get caught out in the rain it's just a tick to turn it back on.
Win/win, IMO.

I believe they take away some of the sensitivity of your knock sensors though.

AED does disable the nannies.

Users who are viewing this thread