Question about KOOKS headers.

compcobra

Established Member
My new KOOKs LT's just showed up. I was just looking them over and found that the #2 primary tube is really lose in the collector even with the 1/4 inch collector to tube tab bolt tightened all the way. You can move the whole tube up and down about half an inch at the flange end. All the other primary tubes fit quite snug in the collector and you can hardly move them around at all. Nothing at all looks bent or damaged from shipping. Does anyone else who had KOOKS headers experienced this when they first looked at there headers. Just seems that with that much play on the one primary to collector joint will leak like crazy. I definetly don't want to go through all the work of the install to find out that someting is wrong with my set of headers. Kind of seems weird all other tubes are tight but one. Any help or suggestions?

GodStang

Established Member
Just installed my kooks last week. They did not have any play down at the collectors. That would have me alittle nervous abouot leaking also. I would call George at Kooks and ask him. He is a real nice guy.

compcobra

Established Member
The dealer I bought them from called george and he said some play is normal. Not every tube will be the same and advised me to use high temp silicone once I slide the collector on. George doesn't seem worried about it, I just hope all goes well and they don't leak! Hopefuly it will all tighten up once it is installed on the head.

compcobra

Established Member
Good to hear the high temp silicone will work. Was just sort of worried about it leaking really bad. Everthing went well with your install otherwise?

FAHADics

Established Member
does anyone recommend a brand , i used some silicone but it got hard and broken off ,, now its leaking again

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
yea leaks suck, its annoying, i had a bad leak on my 1st set of L/T's (Flowtech's) and hated it, dont EVER get Flowtech's, they're just a headache and waste of time, switched to BBK L/T's and i have a leak at the headers again, but this time it was just because a couple of the header bolts came loose, so i got tired of it and got sum Stage 8 Locking Header Bolts to take care of the problem

Users who are viewing this thread