question about GT trannys

ib6-ub9

Established Member
how much power can my tranny handle, and how hard is it to strengthen it up?:??:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
The T45 is a POS and is the bane of my existance lol. As soon as I can afford it I'm replacing the whole thing...

Almo

Established Member
Originally posted by kcast
which is better?

Seems the T3650 is a little better. Although, a friend of mine had 427 RWHP 420RWTQ for about 17K miles on the Stock T-45. Didn't have a single problem with it.

Autcross car, not to mention numerous runs down the track.

As far as my opinion goes, I think the T-45 is just as good, if not better than the T-3650. Then again, problems have arose with both Trannys.

ib6-ub9

Established Member
Well i have 67,000 miles on my car, would i have to worry about tranny issues if i boltedon a vortech or kenne bell at 8 or 9 #'s:??:

nytmare00gt

Established Member
friend of mine has a 03 gt w/ about 4k on the car and hes already gone threw a tranny, but that could be because he tore it up, but i havent had a prob out of my T-45

Last edited:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
82,000 miles on my T-45 and third gear is about gone, and second is starting to go now too. Now even the clutch is starting to slip bad. I will not be replacing it with another T-45, but something different. I'll put a g'd 3-speed automatic in that thing before I would a T-45.:cuss: :fm:

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Originally posted by Blackgeetee
82,000 miles on my T-45 and third gear is about gone, and second is starting to go now too. Now even the clutch is starting to slip bad. I will not be replacing it with another T-45, but something different. I'll put a g'd 3-speed automatic in that thing before I would a T-45.:cuss: :fm:

I say c-4 plus Stall = Fast

Hope you got $$
I never had a Auto before but i kno the c4 is fast

Users who are viewing this thread