question about ford factory 36k mile warranties

kcast

LEO
Established Member
i was wondering if ford can void your 36k mile warranty if you put JUST a cat-back system on your car, w/out messing with the factory H-pipe and the o2 sensors....j/w

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
they MIGHT be able to void your powertrain warranty, because less back pressure etc.. but the entire warranty NO..

MACHIN U

Established Member
No, the warranty states that any exhaust work from the cats and back is perfectly legal. So a catback is fine. Once you go into midpipes and headers however, goodbye powertrain warranty.

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
Any part can be replaced with a part from any manufacturer per the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. An auto manufacturer may deny a warranty claim but must prove that the part caused the failure of another covered part. Replacing headers or the mid-pipe w/cats will not automatically void any warranties, especially when those items have a CARB number.

Mike

wundrbird

Proud Father
Established Member
Originally posted by WraithCobra
Any part can be replaced with a part from any manufacturer per the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. An auto manufacturer may deny a warranty claim but must prove that the part caused the failure of another covered part. Replacing headers or the mid-pipe w/cats will not automatically void any warranties, especially when those items have a CARB number.

Mike

Bad thing is you'd still probably have to take them to court. Not worth it, in my opinion......

mmartin 6

Established Member
Originally posted by kcast
k im thinking of doing the borla stinger cat back system, any opinions on it?

It's awesome. I get compliments everyday. It turns heads everywhere. IMHO, it's the best cat-back to get with the stock H.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Exactly, thats like putting a H pipe on your car and your tranny goes out. That wouldn't make much sense.

Originally posted by WraithCobra

Mike

USMC-2-USN

Established Member
Originally posted by kcast
thanks, now how about price, i found it for 464 free s/h is that good?

That is an awesome price on a stinger...you better buy it! I switched from a magnaflow catback to a stinger...i am extremely happy with the switch

Users who are viewing this thread