Question about Fiore quadrant

BlckBullitt01

Established Member
Ok, I am going to be helping a friend with this over the weekend. I have not been able to get it up on the lift and take a good look at it yet (will be doing this wknd). However, I searched several posts on people having issues w/ the Fiore quadrant, although I never saw any definite answers.

What happened:

This is on an 03 cobra, just put in a new clutch/fly/fork/T.O.B., the whole deal, along with a Fiore firewall adjuster (very nice peice) and clutch quadrant (mabye not so much?? :shrug:) as well as the LDC free-play mod.

Everything works fine for the most part, just this one minor issue. He had it adjusted so that there was about 1" of free-play in the pedal, shifted fine and everything, however the T.O.B. is riding on the P.P. fingers. In order to adjust it far enough that the T.O.B. no longer rides, you have to move it so far that the clutch pedal has almost 3-4" of travel before it starts to engage (almost to the floor!)

Hopefully someone has some advice/experience to chime in with on this issue! As of right now I am guessing that a new quadrant (such as a UPR triple hook) might solve this problem??

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
The triple hook will NOT solve the problem. It will be exactly the same as it is now. You need a "QR" type quadrant. I know that Steeda and UPR both sell this type of quadrant. It has a steeper ramp so x inches of pedal movement will mean more movement at the clutch arm.

Users who are viewing this thread