Question about finish restoration

Gearhead-FMC

Established Member
Fellows....I am far from being an authority on auto finish. Maybe someone can help out here..... :beer:

I have a 1993 F150 metalic gray paint. Very dull. So.....

I used my PC and rubbing compound with a wool bonnet. Followed that with polishing coupound and an orange foam. Followed that with SSR2 and the orange foam. Followed that with SSR1 and white foam. followed that with Poor-Boys EX-P and the white foam. Finish felt like silk but still a little "hazy". Just for ha-has, I threw a coat of Poorboys Natty's Blue on the EX-P. Now, the finish looks VERY "hazy or Milky".

Looking for advice/Analysis! :beer:

TIA, GH-FMC

Last edited:

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
you may want to use some Poorboys professional polish with a Green pad or SSR 1 with the same pad

Gearhead-FMC

Established Member
Thanks. :beer: I may start from the begining again...........

I guess I was wondering why the finish became so much -- maybe 2x -- hazy/milky AFTER adding the Natty's Blue ? I was thinking that the Blue would really pop out the sheen and create depth on the paint. Instead, it seemed to bring out the flaws -- some scrathing/swirls and milky/cloudy/hazy reflection.

Looking for advice from the experts........ :beer:

TIA :beer:

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
Gearhead-FMC said:
Thanks. :beer: I may start from the begining again...........

I guess I was wondering why the finish became so much -- maybe 2x -- hazy/milky AFTER adding the Natty's Blue ? I was thinking that the Blue would really pop out the sheen and create depth on the paint. Instead, it seemed to bring out the flaws -- some scrathing/swirls and milky/cloudy/hazy reflection.

Looking for advice from the experts........ :beer:

TIA :beer:
did you let the EX-P cure for at least 12hrs?

Gearhead-FMC

Established Member
I put the EX-P on Sunday at 2:00pm and put the Natty's on Monday at 5:00pm.

Perhaps I did a lousy job of pre-cleaning and the EX-P covered it but the Natty's blue brought it out ?

Based on everything I've read -- and there are a million opinions, that approach should work and give the finish a deep, 3-D look..... :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread