Question about driving record (Virginia)

FranticFocus05

Established Member
I was in an accident the other week where the officer sited me for failure to maintain control - reckless. When talking to the cop he told me to get a copy of my record and bring it to court and possibly get a lawyer, he also said that Hampton Roads as very liberal on this type of charge. When I did get my driving record it had my little tickets (tint, license plate) and all the info about when I got my permit and then my license. But it does not have anything about my reckless driving that occured just over a year ago. Also I have +2 points on my record right now and I have only taken the driving course once.

Any ideas on why that reckless that should of been on my record for 11 years is not there and the fact that the points dont add up. It is the official record from the DMV with no pages missing. I dont wana go to court believeing that I just have good luck and the ticket was miss placed/lost/didnt get processed and have it pop up but then again I am a little worried about calling the DMV and briniging to light if maybe by some grace its not really on my record. :shrug:

--on my first ticket (the one in question that is not on my record) I was writen a reckless ticket and a speeding ticket. It was for a very over the top speed (I should of gone to jail) but they did not charge me with the speed but dropped that and I plead guilty to the reckless. I had to pay a $500 fine and also my parents and I have yet to see a jump in insurance fallowing that ticket. :shrug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread