Question about Dora and order number

nate

Established Member
I was looking at my VOC and the priority number is 99, which I know is not good. I do have a copy of the DORA, and I called SVT and they verified the order. Now, I don't care if I have one of the first 2014's. In fact, the later the car arrives the better. Ideally the car would arrive around May when I would actually drive it. Should I be concerned about the priority number? The dealer had 2 2013 allocations, and I was told I was the first order for the 2014's.

orderpage1.jpg
[/IMG]

order2.jpg
[/IMG]

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I would be kind of concerned. There is no reason for the dealer to give you such a high priority code. That code tells me your dealer basically does not care if your car ever gets built. Any body who places an order after you would get there car built before you do, because the dealer would have to give them a lower number (higher priority) than yours. I would ask the dealer to change the priority to 10.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Low Gloss Black Stripes. The same exact option code as the 2013 Matte Black Stripes (854).

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Yes the code is the same, but the stripes are different. That is kind of weird they kept the same code for a slightly different stripe.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Ask your dealer to move your car to priority 10. If they don't- find another dealer who will.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I was looking around on the internet and it seems that "Low Gloss Black" is also referred to as "Satin Black", "Hot Rod Black" or "Matte Black"
That might explain the same code, same color, different name. I guess we will know for sure when it shows up on a car. It will be interesting to compare part numbers when spare become available.

Last edited:

mwilson6192

Established Member
I would be kind of concerned. There is no reason for the dealer to give you such a high priority code. That code tells me your dealer basically does not care if your car ever gets built. Any body who places an order after you would get there car built before you do, because the dealer would have to give them a lower number (higher priority) than yours. I would ask the dealer to change the priority to 10.

My DORA shows a Priority Code of 11. Anything to be concerned about?

mwilson6192

Established Member
As long as someone else doesn't have a priority 10 at your dealer- no.

Okay, speculation time. Can you surmise why my dealer would have placed my VOC with a Priority Code of 12, and my DORA with a Priority Code of 11? I distinctly recall asking why my VOC was not entered with a Priority Code of 10, and the reply was something along the lines of "We have found that we get better results with a slightly higher Priority Code as too many Priority Code 10's cause issues".

The dealer was adamant that I was the first 2014 GT500 order for their available allocation(s). Would this priority code allow the dealer to "insert" another order ahead of mine (e.g. enabling the dealer to have some "order wiggle room" to get a "hot order" ahead of mine)?

Just wondering out loud whether I should press this issue with my dealer or leave well enough alone. I do in fact have a DORA with an SVT confirmed order, and I have no reason to believe my dealer has been anything but honest.

Thanks!

nate

Established Member
Well I spoke to the dealer today and they changed it to priority 10. He did say now it is just a waiting game until they start scheduling Job 1 in the next couple weeks.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Okay, speculation time. Can you surmise why my dealer would have placed my VOC with a Priority Code of 12, and my DORA with a Priority Code of 11? I distinctly recall asking why my VOC was not entered with a Priority Code of 10, and the reply was something along the lines of "We have found that we get better results with a slightly higher Priority Code as too many Priority Code 10's cause issues".

The dealer was adamant that I was the first 2014 GT500 order for their available allocation(s). Would this priority code allow the dealer to "insert" another order ahead of mine (e.g. enabling the dealer to have some "order wiggle room" to get a "hot order" ahead of mine)?

Just wondering out loud whether I should press this issue with my dealer or leave well enough alone. I do in fact have a DORA with an SVT confirmed order, and I have no reason to believe my dealer has been anything but honest.

Thanks!

I wish I had a better answer for you- but just confirm your order with SVT once they start scheduling

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member

Thanks!

10 or 11 wouldn't really make a difference, but the dealer could insert another order with a Priority 10, and it would get built before yours.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
My guy gave me a #20 priority as they said 10's have created problems in the past. They only had 2 allocations and I was the 2nd. Either way, I won't see mine until around may/june

As for the stripe, I too ordered the black on black and they said the 14's will have a sheen to them, aka:satin. I didn't know they take the car across the street to have them installed at another facility...... Its all good:beer:

carguy19

Established Member
My dealer told me the stripes are the exact same thing as 2014 and its a typo on the site.

All year on the build your own for the 13s it also said gloss black and they were matte.

Users who are viewing this thread