Question about component speakers

98Cobretti

Established Member
I just installed some Infinity Kappa component speakers, and after calling crutchfield who suggested running the component box off of the tweeter because it was full range and not use the 6x8 wires at all, I decided to not use the crossover boxes at all, I just connected the speakers up to the factory wires: tweeter speaker to tweeter wires and 5 1/4 speaker to 6x8 wires. I would like to use the infinity crossover boxes if possible but do not want to lose power. I am wondering if I can install both the tweeter and woofer wires to the IN terminals on the infinity crossover , which would mean both pos wires together to the pos terminal and both neg wires together to the neg terminal and then run the speakers out of the infinity crossover and not be losing power and get the proper crossover points that way. Would it hurt running both sets of speaker wires to the same input on the box, or is that a no no? The speakers sound good now, but seem to be missing some mid sound. It has great treble and bass but not a whole lot of mids, I think due to the factory tweeter was 2.5" and handled them, while the infinity tweeters are 1" and do not. The crutchfield tech said that the factory amps and crossovers send only bass to the factory 6x8 speakers and send an almost full signal to the factory tweeters. Sorry for the long post but I want to make sure people understand what I am talking about. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread