question about code P0175..

quikkstang

Established Member
Hey all I have a 97 cobra, I recently took the s/c off and put stock inj. and maf back on. all was fine then the check engine light came on, so i checked it and got code (P0175 system too rich bank 2). now i never changed the high vol. pump in the tank, so could this be the issue? why would it just be on bank 2? I still have the stock fuel press. reg. on it, so i don't know what the f/p is at. any ideas on what would cause this, and what i need to do to fix it? Thanks.

TDUB003

Established Member
Try cleaning your maf off with electronic cleaner, it has most likely gotten dirty and is causing you to have the code. This happens a lot when people re-oil their filter as well. If you reset the code and that doesn't fix it, you could have a vacuum leak somewhere but from what you said it sounds to me like it's the maf.

quikkstang

Established Member
Try cleaning your maf off with electronic cleaner, it has most likely gotten dirty and is causing you to have the code. This happens a lot when people re-oil their filter as well. If you reset the code and that doesn't fix it, you could have a vacuum leak somewhere but from what you said it sounds to me like it's the maf.

Hi, Thanks for the advice, I'll give that a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread