Question about Cobra Jet intake kit

Sinovac

Established Member
The 123mm cold air intake kit for the Cobra Jet (FRPP # M-9603-CJ) lists an intake tube (Ford part #7R3Z-9B659-AA) in the installation instructions found here:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-9603-CJ.pdf

I ordered the tube from my local FRPP dealer thinking it was different than the stock GT500 intake tube and would fit the 123mm MAF that I have better than the stock tube. When I got the box with the tube, the part inside was the same tube as the stock OEM GT500 tube. Both Ford Racing and my local FRPP dealer said the intake tube in the Cobra Jet intake kit is the same as the stock tube even though the part # on the box is different.

A very nice woman I spoke to at Lethal Performance said the tube in the Cobra Jet intake kit is different than the stock tube to fit the 123mm MAF. Lethal advertises the tube separately and from their description it seems it is not the same as the stock tube.

Ford Racing 07-09 Shelby GT500 Intake Tube (For 123mm CJ MAF) [7R3Z-9B659-AA] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Can anyone confirm whether the intake tube from the Cobra Jet cold air kit is different or the same as the stock GT500 kit?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
i wish i could help. ill be installing my CJ MAF to the stock tube so i guess ill see what happens

blackshelby

The 123mm cold air intake kit for the Cobra Jet (FRPP # M-9603-CJ) lists an intake tube (Ford part #7R3Z-9B659-AA) in the installation instructions found here:

http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/instructionsheets/FordInstShtM-9603-CJ.pdf

I ordered the tube from my local FRPP dealer thinking it was different than the stock GT500 intake tube and would fit the 123mm MAF that I have better than the stock tube. When I got the box with the tube, the part inside was the same tube as the stock OEM GT500 tube. Both Ford Racing and my local FRPP dealer said the intake tube in the Cobra Jet intake kit is the same as the stock tube even though the part # on the box is different.

A very nice woman I spoke to at Lethal Performance said the tube in the Cobra Jet intake kit is different than the stock tube to fit the 123mm MAF. Lethal advertises the tube separately and from their description it seems it is not the same as the stock tube.

Ford Racing 07-09 Shelby GT500 Intake Tube (For 123mm CJ MAF) [7R3Z-9B659-AA] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Can anyone confirm whether the intake tube from the Cobra Jet cold air kit is different or the same as the stock GT500 kit?

The one on the 2008 cobra jet is the same as the intake tube on 07-09 gt500
The one you want that fits like you are looking for is off a 2010 Cobra jet (TVS cobra jet) Its has a tube that matches real nice to the 123 MAF and then uses the stock 2010 intake tube

Seahorse

Established Member
Have you considered the Whipple 123 MAF setup? It has the larger "tube" and while not as pretty as the CJ version, it's a couple hundred bucks cheaper.

Sinovac

Established Member
I appreciate the replies. I previously purchased the FRPP 123mm MAF and the FRPP CAI so all I needed was the tube. I'll use the stock piece for now and see how restrictive it is with the 65mm TB. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread