Question about clutches

crazylou

Established Member
twin disk rst or single disk spec 3+......

1. pros and cons ???

2. experiences with either ????

for an 04 cobra
any and all info is helpful thank you...

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
I just broke in my Spec Stage 3+ with light pedal option and I dig the difference in pedal effort versus the Stage 2 and stock clutches. The only drawback I have found so far is that it chatters sometimes during hill starts and downshifts to 3rd at low RPM.

va boy

Established Member
I can't speak to the Spec 3, I've never had one. I can offer my opinion on the McLeod twin disc. I've had one for a year and a half, it went in the same time as the Whipple. I have absolutely ZERO complaints with it. Wait around, you'll get more opinions on both. I can tell you, when it's time for another clutch, it will be another McLeod for me and my car. Super light pedal, zero slip, no noise, it's a solid piece.

Zemedici

Established Member
I've got a spec stage 2+ and I ****ing hate it. Chatters, tough to gauge pedal feel, etc.

Just spend the money on a decent one and be done :beer:

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
McLeod RXT twin disc, i absolutely love this thing. Very smooth light pedal feel, can withstand high horse power and very streetable. Perfect for daily driving too. No complaints here!

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
my friend has had both in his camaro the twin disk is the mack daddy. better in everything, holding power, drivability , etc. the stage 3 chattered alot with in town driving and hard to launch from a stop due to weird clutch engagement. good luck

Users who are viewing this thread