question about car not starting???

bradass31

Established Member
hey guys- recently my 88 fox started acting weird when i go to start it. i turn on the key, i can hear my fuel pump turn on and when i go to start it it clicks once and nothing... It did it every once in a while and progressively got worse and now it wont start. battery and alternator are good. i checked the starter solenoid in the engine bay and it wasn't sending power to the starter when i turn the key. so i replaced that and still nothing, I then pulled the starter off and had it tested, it was fine. I took the solenoid off and manually put power to it while i was testing it and it was working fine, (as far as sending power to the starter). at this point i have no idea whats going on or what to try next:shrug: any input would be helpful! thanks

Hockeyman48

Established Member
When it clicks on next start attempt,connect a battery cable (1) from neg on battery to the engine block and try again.If it cranks ,you have a bad ground cable/connection.If it doesnt help check/replace positive cable from solenoid to the starter and /or positive battery cable to solenoid.
Good Luck!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread