Question about aftermarket sound system for the shelby

shelbysvt

Established Member
Ok here is the quote I got from a high end shop near me. They did 2 different quotes one with Morel speakers with mosconi amp and one with JL speakers with mosconi amp.

The price also includes everything to make it work with the OEM system and as well to make everything fit properly and look OEM.

It also includes full husmat of doors, entire floor, and rear deck area but not trunk.

For morel virtus and the high end mosconi amp and all hushmat the price was 5200 with JL c5's it was 4900. This is to replace all speakers on the inside of the car front and back

If I get rid of hushmatting the floor. The price drops down to 3500 for JLs and 3600 for Morel. If I get the entry level mosconi amp the price drops to 3100 for JLs and 3200 for Morels.

So the real problem areas is the mosconi amp and husmatting the floor. The entry level amp is 700 the high end is 1100 and husmatting the floor just labor is 800 and the materials were around 700 for doing the floor.

So what do you all think? This is all for a 3 way system so speaker, tweeter, and mid range driver, and then replacing the rear speakers as well. My main goal is to create a system that sounds more clear and more detailed not really louder hence why there is no extra subwoofer included in this.

shelbysvt

Established Member
If it were me I'd simply replace the speakers and leave everything else as is.

Well that would save around 2000 dollars. The real PIA is the hushmatting of the floor. I wanted to quiet out all the noise when I have the windows up.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
How much power are you pushing? What are you using to clean up the analog speaker out from the factory unit to supply your amp?
I replied to you in the other thread about rear speakers. imo if you are pushing good power to your doors and add a sub you don't need the rear speakers.

shelbysvt

Established Member
Here are the parts. The rear speakers are cheaper than buying a sub.

JL-C5 6.5" 3-way component system (Front speakers)
JL-C2570x 5" x 7" coax spkr system (Rear speakers)
Mosconi AS100.4 amp
AC-LC7i 6ch output converter w/Accubass, GRAY

And the rest is hush mat in the doors and wires. And custom mounting plates.

Total price is 3450 for high end mosconi amp and 3050 for entry level mosconi amp. This includes installation, brackets, wires, you name it every to get the install perfect. The guy said the entry level is more than enough to power these speakers but he says the sound quality of the higher end one is better and the cooling and all the other stuff is better.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Seems like a waste of money to me. Think of the fun stuff you could buy for that.

3600-5200 could be used elsewhere. And you NEVER get stereo money back.

I think I'd spend $1000 MAX on stereo. Hell I havnt changed a stereo since highschool.

shelbysvt

Established Member
Seems like a waste of money to me. Think of the fun stuff you could buy for that.

I think I'd spend $1000 MAX on stereo. Hell I havnt changed a stereo since highschool.

It's not just stereo. It is hushmatting sections as well and making custom stuff to have it fit like OEM.

It doesn't really matter to me if no one pays me the 3000 for this. I'll put it in my next car easy enough.

But yes I agree the 5200 is extreme hence why I decided to get rid of the floor for the hushmat which takes out 2000 dollars. And if I opt out of the high end mosconi for the entry level mosconi then it is only 3000 which isn't really so bad considering it is going to take them a whole day to do all of this and all of the stuff is high end.

I'm not putting a junk kicker system in this car lol.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I have everything replaced in mine with Massive Audio

20130427_230923_zps294df682.jpg

shelbysvt

Established Member
Here is a link to what I had done at local shop. Also look up Rancid as he did all of the work himself. Only complaint is at low volumes there is a small hiss.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2013-shelby-gt500-413/881907-stereo-upgrade.html

Ok so you are doing pretty much the same set up as me minus the subwoofer and cleansweep. Though my amp is pretty much the same price as both of those so how much did you pay to have all of that done? I am using somethign other than the cleansweep for the OEM integration because this shop hates that product and they said they have something better. I think your hiss is coming from the cleansweep since other people have complained about it as well.

shelbysvt

Established Member
I have everything replaced in mine with Massive Audio

20130427_230923_zps294df682.jpg

Well minus the big a$$ bottle of nos lol how much did you spend? Though I'm looking for more of the OEM look not fast and the furious haha but that system looks nice. Unfotunately I need my trunk space.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Chris!.. some of us like our stereo's bro :)

My setup is pretty much same as Habbro's and I'm am very happy with the results. I really don't know that you need hushmat on the floor. I dunno what noise you are getting but maybe I'm not hearing what you are. The speakers can go in the door without any visible modification. Trust me on this.. I can take a picture if you want. Only way you know what's happening in my car is to hear it or open the trunk and pull up the carpet. My bass level knob and 360.3 remote is in the same place as Habbro's.. that little panel is a perfect fit.

BCPD199

Established Member

+1. As much as I like Meatloaf cranked up on a warm summer's night, I'd rather hear the exhaust when I get on it like a bat out of hell!

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Don't get me wrong. I love music. I just can't justify that expense for something that only sounds marginally better- of which I will get nothing back.

To each his own

Users who are viewing this thread