Question about a new serpentine belt????

Flavio85

Established Member
So i just changed my serpentine belt and it is making a little noise. It looks like it is coming from the power steering pulley. I dont know if it is making noise because the belt is new and needs time to adjust by itself or if there is something wrong. By the way I didnt touch any of the pulleys, just the tensioner... What you guys think??? I know that some of you have changed a serpentine belt before???!!!!

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
What kind of noise? A squeel? After I pulled my motor and did HCI, I couldn't get the belt I had on there back on. It took several trips to the store to get one that fit right. I think these tensioners may just crap out after a while. Check the play, you may need a shorter belt.

sleepermobile

Established Member
So i just changed my serpentine belt and it is making a little noise. It looks like it is coming from the power steering pulley. I dont know if it is making noise because the belt is new and needs time to adjust by itself or if there is something wrong. By the way I didnt touch any of the pulleys, just the tensioner... What you guys think??? I know that some of you have changed a serpentine belt before???!!!!
Tensioner!!

Flavio85

Established Member
Gosh I am dumb ass!!!! I figured out the problem.... I had the dam belt upside down.... duuhhhh!!! I noticed that the alternator pulley, power steering, and ac have gorves I put 2+2 together and flipped the belt... Problem solved. So if in the future another rookie ask the same dam question tell em you know another idiot that did the same thing...

Users who are viewing this thread