Question about a local business thats dumping industrial waste.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
Ok so there's an industrial maintenance company down the road from me, they've got a decently sized fleet of tanker semis and late at night they take them out into a field and dump whatever chemicals they transport and then spread the shit into the ground with a couple dozers. I've never seen them doing it during the day but a few nights a week they'll be out there with no lights on dumping this waste, now its not very far from my house and it could be getting into the groundwater, should I report them and who should I report them too? Epa?

Dane

Established Member
EPA has regional and local office that handle this. A buddy of mine is a detective for them and this is the type of stuff he does.

oldmodman

Established Member
Get a cheapo Mini-DV camera with night vision and get them doing it on tape. Then file a class action suit against them for endangering the residents surrounding the area. You may wind up with millions.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
Ok so there's an industrial maintenance company down the road from me, they've got a decently sized fleet of tanker semis and late at night they take them out into a field and dump whatever chemicals they transport and then spread the shit into the ground with a couple dozers. I've never seen them doing it during the day but a few nights a week they'll be out there with no lights on dumping this waste, now its not very far from my house and it could be getting into the groundwater, should I report them and who should I report them too? Epa?

Google is your friend: Make an Environmental Complaint - Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - www.tceq.state.tx.us

Or if you're too lazy:

Make an Environmental Complaint

We are available 24 hours every day to receive complaints under our jurisdiction.

We are available 24 hours every day to receive complaints under our jurisdiction.

To submit a complaint:

* use our online form,
* call us toll-free at 1-888-777-3186, or
* e-mail us at [email protected]

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Get a cheapo Mini-DV camera with night vision and get them doing it on tape. Then file a class action suit against them for endangering the residents surrounding the area. You may wind up with millions.

+1

Your other option is to go out and roll around in it hoping to get superpowers!!!

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member

I am all over this plan, got a camera that will do the job and it seems like the local pd is turning their backs to it.

Thanks for the timely responses all.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
Sweet! An undercover covert stealth ninja operation....get those bastards and post up the vid for us to see!

I may just have to do that! My christmas break starts tomorrow and I don't have much to do, maybe this can keep me busy, like some kind of lifetime movie, ha.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Do you have any idea what they transport?
Not everything dumped on the ground is bad. For all you know it could be potable water that was left in their tanks.

My dad works for a place that makes protein and the EPA/DEQ allows them to spread a percentage of their waste water (water with dissolved protein) onto fields as a fertilizer.

I'd just call the deq and let them do the leg work.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member

Hahahaha - if anyone ends with millions in a class action lawsuit, it'll be the lawyers. On the other hand, YOU are sure to be prosecuted for trespass and invasion of privacy.

I would notify BOTH the state and Federal authorities. Bet'cha a pizza and :beer: the local / state boys are being bought off to look the other way. I've run into this several times in my manufacturing career.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Not everything dumped on the ground is bad. For all you know it could be potable water that was left in their tanks.

My dad works for a place that makes protein and the EPA/DEQ allows them to spread a percentage of their waste water (water with dissolved protein) onto fields as a fertilizer.

Wow, the first bit of logic and reason to come aboard. Its asshats that know nothing about what is going on, that just presume that they are dumping nuclear waste in a field, that make it a pain in the ass for everybody. Find out what they haul, or what they are dumping and go from there. If they were doing it in the dark with no lights, maybe but dozers with big lights?? They aren't exactly trying to be sneaky..

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member

I thought this at first, but if the dirty Canadian isn't lying about the fact that they only do this at night with minimal lights, then definitely something fishy might up.

I'd say take the stealth vid, THEN go call the EPA on them. If the EPA comes out and says that whatever they're dumping is bad, then you really have grounds for an endangerment suit.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
They might be doing it at night because the trucks are on the road all day and they have a night crew with minimal work to do.

I just like giving people the benefit of the doubt before crying wolf.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member

Im going to do some research and discover what they transport.

Hahahaha - if anyone ends with millions in a class action lawsuit, it'll be the lawyers. On the other hand, YOU are sure to be prosecuted for trespass and invasion of privacy.

I would notify BOTH the state and Federal authorities. Bet'cha a pizza and :beer: the local / state boys are being bought off to look the other way. I've run into this several times in my manufacturing career.

Kind of what i expect.

Wow, the first bit of logic and reason to come aboard. Its asshats that know nothing about what is going on, that just presume that they are dumping nuclear waste in a field, that make it a pain in the ass for everybody. Find out what they haul, or what they are dumping and go from there. If they were doing it in the dark with no lights, maybe but dozers with big lights?? They aren't exactly trying to be sneaky..

It wouldnt be nuclear waste, something from the refineries around here since this area refines more oil than the entire US. ive only ever seen them spreading the shit at night with no lights(or minimal lights. Will research more before i cry wolf.

I thought this at first, but if the dirty Canadian isn't lying about the fact that they only do this at night with minimal lights, then definitely something fishy might up.

I'd say take the stealth vid, THEN go call the EPA on them. If the EPA comes out and says that whatever they're dumping is bad, then you really have grounds for an endangerment suit.

Probably my plan although im going to research what they transport first.

They might be doing it at night because the trucks are on the road all day and they have a night crew with minimal work to do.

A big possibility.

thanks all.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Hopefully it's harmless. You never know though, thats why the DEQ/EPA are around.

JasonSnake

Established Member

WITHOUT lights?

:thumbsup::pop:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Next time you see one of the trucks look for a placard(Diamond shaped sign that will have 4 numbers on it) You can look in the federal motor carriers guide book and look up the type of product that the number represent. That will give you an idea of what type of product it is. I'm guessing it's a non placarded load.

Users who are viewing this thread