Question about A/C

Miked232

Established Member
Can anyone tell me where I should be able to find the pigtail for the A/C compressor? And or where in the harness it should have been connected to? Previous owner deleted the A/C but left the evap / condenser / etc in place

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Any JY harness or maybe there is a "repair kit" for it like there is for the alternator? It should just be on the harness right by where the compressor would be. Dunno why the guy would have cut it off instead of just tying it off somewhere tho... but experience has taught me that there are some TOTAL morons that own our cars before we get them.

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
Motorcraft part number WPT173 for reference. It is part of the main engine harness and if comes in from above the compressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miked232

Established Member
Any JY harness or maybe there is a "repair kit" for it like there is for the alternator? It should just be on the harness right by where the compressor would be. Dunno why the guy would have cut it off instead of just tying it off somewhere tho... but experience has taught me that there are some TOTAL morons that own our cars before we get them.

Dude. You shoulda seen this car when I got it. I should have taken photos of everything I had to replace. I found phone wire being used instead of electrical. And thank you

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Yeah... I had a really super nice sn95 as my last car and even with that when I did an interior swap I found a few head scratchers wiring wise... Don't even get me started on my current car I saved after previous owner blew up the 34k mile original engine and a brand new replacement.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread