Question about a 99 Cobra's value

65type1

Established Member
I'm trying to decide what to do with my car. Start driving and moding it or sell it off and buy a higher mileage cobra to drive and tweak.
The Cobra is absolutely perfect, not a mark or chip anywhere and has never seen rain. Only changes from stock are a K&N and a steeda shifter. Everything else is 100% original.

So my question is...In the current market what do you think a 99 Cobra with 1600 miles would sell for? Is it still only a 15-17k car?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
With the correct buyer I can see somebody wanting to pay closer to 20K.

I'm sure you'll have to wait for that buyer to come though..

65type1

Established Member
That’s pretty much what I figured…so it looks like I’ll be starting to modify and drive it.

Thanks!

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
if that mileage is not a typo then yea you could get somewhere between 15K-20K for sure, just a matter of how long you wait.

I paid 14K for mine it had 16K in '06 when i bought it and it was not in mint condition (not perfect, but not far from it... undercarriage was almost completely grease-free and clean!)

Eric

65type1

Established Member
I'd try to sell it for 20 and then buy a used 03/04

I looked at 03/04 Cobra's when I bought my 99...I don't particularly care for the look/feel of the 03/04.

The dollar difference between a 1600 mile car and a 16000 mile car is pretty insignificant at this point. Which is why I've decided to start driving it and having some fun with it.

http://picasaweb.google.com/32vsnake/Cobra

Last edited:

tistan

Established Member
Drive it and enjoy it. No offense, but if I was in the market and I had a choice between a 99 cobra with 1600 miles for $20k and a terminator with 20-30000 miles for $21-24k I would buy the terminator. Problem is that most people who buy a mustang know right from the start that they are going to mod it. They are not willing to pay a premium for a mint low mileage car. The only people who would buy low mileage is collectors so your kinda of limited on the number of people who would be interested.

buy a blower

Users who are viewing this thread