Question about 93 Cobra Tailpipes...

Goliath93SVT

Established Member
What is the original size of the tail pipes from the factory on a 93 cobra?

I can tell mine aren't stock... Too shiney and the size is about
2 1/2" .

Also, are the pipes from an LX Sport the same off of a 93 Cobra?

Do you guys have any pics of tailpipes from a 93 COBRA?

Thanks Guys,

Chris

Blk 93 Snake

Established Member
Here is a pic, mine was completly stock. Its real shiny and it was 2 1/2 in. (still kinda hard to see)

fce94f17.jpg

fce94f09.jpg

Last edited:

Blk 93 Snake

Established Member
Im not sure what part of TX its at yet. The guy selling still has not contacted me, but as soon as he does im sure we will work something out. But if i do get it i have to drive it back to cali so i figured i might end up driving through all of Tx. If it works out where i could (if it were in houston or something like that) it would be fun.

Lee

Established Member
I thought the complete 93 Cobra stock exhaust was 2.25 inches. My Flowermaster cat-back is 2.5 inches connected to the 2.25 inch cats. My .02

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Stock pipes are 2.25 inches. They are basically the same pipes as what was on the LX cars, except the hangers were a little longer to allow for clearance of the rear skirt on the Cobra (the LX did not have the rear skirt). Mufflers were also unique to the Cobra.

Blk 93 Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by 93Cobra2771
Stock pipes are 2.25 inches. They are basically the same pipes as what was on the LX cars, except the hangers were a little longer to allow for clearance of the rear skirt on the Cobra (the LX did not have the rear skirt). Mufflers were also unique to the Cobra.

Mine were stock so they probably were 2.25.

About the mufflers though, its true they had their own. Everyone always thought i had flowmasters.

Users who are viewing this thread