Question about 2011 seats and shifter

Supernova

Established Member
Is there any difference between the regular leather seats and the "premier trim" leather seats other than the look? I thought I saw the "premier trim" seats listed as "sport" seats on Ford's website, so I'm curious if there is any difference in bolstering, etc.

Also, is the difference between the stock shifter and the nice metal ball that comes with the "premier trim" purely cosmetic? Does anyone know if it is a direct replacement? It's hard to tell in pictures, but the metal ball shifter looks taller and with a different base than the stock shifter.

Thanks for the help!

2013Boss302

Established Member
it is a direct replacement for the shift knob. my ford dealer hooked me up with one for free because i refered someone to bu y a vehicle from them. its 130.00 you can order it from the dealer as well.

csledd

DSG!!
Established Member
The two difference with the interiors is the seats are different styles. I like the look of the Premium a lot more. Just look up some pics there's tons out there.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
After spending a good hour looking at a 401A (premier) and 400A I called my dealer and dropped the 401A package. I like the standard seats much better. They don't feel as "flat" and looks like they won't show wrinkles as bad. Plus I like the bright aluminum dash better. Reminds me a lot of the 67 I used to have. However the shift knob and doors panels look much nicer in the 401A. I will certainly add these bits after it comes in. Just my .02.

Supernova

Established Member
I like the standard seats much better. They don't feel as "flat" and looks like they won't show wrinkles as bad.

That's my main concern with the premier leather seats, too. I like the look of the premier seats, particularly the extra contrasting stitching, but I worry that they'll show wear a lot easier and quicker. I much prefer the premier shift knob, though. I'm not sure about the dash panel, I think I need to see them side-by-side to make up my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread