Question about 2000L times

9T5SVT

Established Member
Quick question for you guys. My dad has a 2000L with quite a bit of modifications done to it and it's putting out 513rwhp and somewhere close to 600ftlbs or torque. What kind of times are some of you guys getting with similiar rwhp#'s?

When the truck was basically stock and was putting out 327rwhp I took it to the local 1/8th mile track and actaully ran an 8.34 a few years ago. Now I've gone back with the current setup making 513rwhp I was able to run a 8.34 again, with street tires and could only muster up a 8.0@87mph with slicks on........ something here is just not right. I'm not the best driver, nor the worst, but I think his truck should be well into the 7's in the 1/8th and 11's in the 1/4. Am I right or wrong on this? The best 60' I got so far was a
1.7xx and that's when I ran the 8.0. But 2weeks ago I went back, this time with Nitto Drag Radials and ran another 8.0 with a 1.8 60'. So I put the slicks on thinking it would get better and it was actually worse. The times slowed to 8.2's and the mph went to 84.. Guess you can blame me if you want, but want to know what you guys are running with the same hp. Thanks.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
what size rims and tire? and whats the rear gear? that would affect your mph but as u said it should've dipped into the 7's. u gotta also remember its a heavy truck with a lot of wind resistance. the first 60' is very important.

9T5SVT

Established Member
what size rims and tire? and whats the rear gear? that would affect your mph but as u said it should've dipped into the 7's. u gotta also remember its a heavy truck with a lot of wind resistance. the first 60' is very important.

Not sure of the rim and tire size. but it's the common hoosier slicks that are being used on the L's. Even the rims are the same that most people use, sorry if that doesn't help. And as far as the drag radials, they are obviously 18" and they are 295's.

I know, it's a heavy A$% truck, but something just doesn't add up. I don't know how I can run an 8.34 on street tires in the 1/8th with 327rwhp and run an 8.34 again with street tires with almost 200 more rwhp... That's got me baffled. Maybe I'm just not launching hard enough, or maybe I'm just that bad of a driver............ok, now I'm getting a little crazy.haha

9T5SVT

Established Member

Oh and the rear gear is that stock gears, which should be 3.55's.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Not sure of the rim and tire size. but it's the common hoosier slicks that are being used on the L's. Even the rims are the same that most people use, sorry if that doesn't help. And as far as the drag radials, they are obviously 18" and they are 295's.

I know, it's a heavy A$% truck, but something just doesn't add up. I don't know how I can run an 8.34 on street tires in the 1/8th with 327rwhp and run an 8.34 again with street tires with almost 200 more rwhp... That's got me baffled. Maybe I'm just not launching hard enough, or maybe I'm just that bad of a driver............ok, now I'm getting a little crazy.haha

327rwhp? Thats not right even for a stock truck... (edit: mustang dyno?)

Last edited:

9T5SVT

Established Member
327rwhp? Thats not right even for a stock truck... (edit: mustang dyno?)

That's what they told him the hp was at the time. I mean stock it only had 360hp, is 327 not in the realm of possabilities..... But that's beside the ponit, I'm trying to figure out why it's only .3 faster in the 1/8 with 513rwhp compared to what it ran when it was stock, reguardless of what the hp was back then.

When the truck had 445rwhp it was running 13.3@106, but can't remember what the 1/8 time was. I know that an 8.0 should be good for mid 12's, but I'm defintly thinking it should be in the 11's. I do need more practice, in a four hour period of test n tune, I was onlly able to go 4times.... I was a little upset. Next stop will be the 1/4 and we'll see how she does.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
That's what they told him the hp was at the time. I mean stock it only had 360hp, is 327 not in the realm of possabilities..... But that's beside the ponit, I'm trying to figure out why it's only .3 faster in the 1/8 with 513rwhp compared to what it ran when it was stock, reguardless of what the hp was back then.

When the truck had 445rwhp it was running 13.3@106, but can't remember what the 1/8 time was. I know that an 8.0 should be good for mid 12's, but I'm defintly thinking it should be in the 11's. I do need more practice, in a four hour period of test n tune, I was onlly able to go 4times.... I was a little upset. Next stop will be the 1/4 and we'll see how she does.

You're right that really doesn't make too much sense... I was off on the rwhp... 360hp and 327rwhp sounds right..I dunno why I was thinking they made more than that. :beer:

9T5SVT

Established Member
You're right that really doesn't make too much sense... I was off on the rwhp... 360hp and 327rwhp sounds right..I dunno why I was thinking they made more than that. :beer:

I believe that they upped the hp to 380 in 2001, maybe you were thinking about that.

Users who are viewing this thread