Question about 1/4 mile time

01_Svt venom

Established Member
So I went to the track tonight and only managed a best of 13.704 at 102.99 with a 1.879 60ft.
My mods consist of Jlt intake, steeda underdrive pullies, ported lower intake, bbk long tubes, bbk o/r h, mac catback,4.56 gears with solid axle swap, mm lower control arms, steeda uppers, mm subframe connectors, bilstein shocks, eibach springs,t56 swap(cobra r spec) aluminum flywheel and driveshaft and 275/40/17 mt drag radials. It dynoed at 316rwhp and 312rwtq about two weeks ago.

My question is before when i was running on street tires i managed to get a best of 13.7 at 108mph with a shitty 2.2 60ft. Anyone know where my mph went? I did have the factory five speed before, and i know the t56 first gear is hurting me, but will it make that big of a difference?

Jamie R.

Established Member
If the car hooks and bogs then the et & mph will suffer. You want the car to be hook but at the same time have enough rpms coming out for it not to bog. You did lose a lot of mph which is odd. What rpm are you shifting at? Was the car bogging down on take off? A spin will actually net you a higher mph even if you do not run a faster et. What rpm were you launching the car at?

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra

wma8706

Established Member
something is way off. I'm also puzzled by the drop in mph. I don't think the T56 is hurting you too much if your 60' is in the 1.8's.

hi_po_heads

Established Member
were the runs all at the same track? i would think you could pull a better 60 with 4.56 also. was there a big weather change between the dates of your runs?

Jamie R.

Established Member
Are you sure the car was'nt bogging with ya? Helps if someone outside the car is listening to see if it is bogging, because sometimes you might not feel it. When you say redline do you mean 7000 grand? If so, I do kind of think that is a little high. Could your knock sensors be on and you not know it and your tuner not know it? If you are using Diablo then it's pretty stright forward on turning the knock sensors off, but SCT is backwards in the way the sensors are turned off and not everybody knows this.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra

Users who are viewing this thread