Question: 2014 GT500 HID Lens Upgrade

ABlownBlueOval

Established Member
Just wondering if anyone has upgraded their headlight lenses/projectors for those who have bi-xenon headlights?

IMO the stock output is diluted big time due to the crappy lens they use. I was driving my father's '12 Touareg tonight and noticed what an incredible difference there was from his bi-xenon's to the standard issue Ford bi-xenon projector.

My feeling is that a simple lens swap will correct much of the the negative attributes I've noticed, but I'm wondering if anyone else has undergone this endeavor before I do?

I plan to make a phone call to a couple retrofitters and see what they charge to upgrade my existing lenses, and/or see if it is something I can do myself? I'm very nervous about future "fogging" issues when breaking the seal of the OEM headlight.

Anyone with input on the subject is welcome to chime in!

Thanks!

Keith

Synyster06Gates

SVT Poster
Established Member
Tag - just in case anyone knows where you can get aftermarket (or even OEM lenses). A few lights I'd like to pick up with broken lenses if I could repair them.

ABlownBlueOval

Established Member
Tag - just in case anyone knows where you can get aftermarket (or even OEM lenses). A few lights I'd like to pick up with broken lenses if I could repair them.

The retrofit source is one of many places you can get anything and everything for HID retrofits. I'm just looking to see if anyone has done a swap themselves and if so, how hard is it?

Users who are viewing this thread