Quest for 12's bolt on Gt

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
I wanted to hit 12's this year but our track is closed for the year... I could run to san antonio or dallas and do it but i wanted to do it here on the south plains of texas at our 3200' elevation...
my other car is a 2004 gt
bolt on list
pp 70mmtb and plenum
steeda pullies
bassani x pipe
pos mac cai
31 spline fms trac loc with strange axles
fms aluminum ds
gms coil over plugs

the best pass it made was a 14.49 on street rubber 2.09 60' 5900' air
then with 16" et streets and a 6000 rpm launch it went a 13.67 at 95.63mph
5900' da
I was hoping to run it at a 3800 foot da but the track is already closed...
always next year:shrug:

I have longtubes and dynomax race bullets on it now...:whine: with no where to run it....lol

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
its all torn apart now it was a stock motor with a 6 psi paxton blower on it , it went a 14.1 at 97mph then i put the blower and an e cam and almost got a second out of them...

its getting canfield ported heads and a d1sc blower put on...

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Looks like you're gonna need a tune if you don't already have one. That should help a bit.

What was your 60' like on the MTs? How are you shifting? It seems like your trap just doesn't match your ET.

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
Looks like you're gonna need a tune if you don't already have one. That should help a bit.

What was your 60' like on the MTs? How are you shifting? It seems like your trap just doesn't match your ET.
we had a 20mph headwind and i left it in third when i shift to 4th it goes 97mph but i loose a tenth...i launch at 6000 and shift around 5700:rolling: i got a 1.79 60' i just got longtubes on yesterday and it feels like i lost 50 hp but gained 10lbs of torque i thinks its running rich...:shrug: i got it tuned for the longtubes but it feels slower....almost stockish:dw:

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
yeah thats what im aiming for but his da and mine are a bit different even being in the same state... where he made his pass its like 600' above sea level our track is at 3281'

Users who are viewing this thread