Quarter mile times?

Lightninglee

Lightninglee
Established Member
Had a few questions bout the L, I have the same mods as SPEED on here and his is an 01 and ran a 12.5, I have an 04 and ran a best of 13.6, lowered the air pressure in the rear tires a lil to get a better bite off the line and had 110 race gas, broke tires loose at about the 60 ft mark, whats going on with her u guys know? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Oh planning on one more trip to the track before the season ends, so well c if it was a heat issue from running over the sumer

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
A look at your time slips or at least the data on them might help. Spinning is not winning on the track and it will lower your ET but not your MPH. 60' times also are a big factor so if you are pedaling it out of the hole on street tires that will also slow your times. Need more info to help.

Lightninglee

Lightninglee
Established Member
I dont have the time slips anymore, It hooked good at the line then would start spinning around 60 ft. I have toyo proxes st's, seem to be ok in that area. Let my buddy drive and it did the same thing, so then we figured it was heat soaking cause it was getting slower times after the first 2 runs. Need to take and run it with the cooler air and c if it helps, maybe not run race gas? cause im not sure what kind of tune I have, runs really good on the street!

S P E E D

Established Member
Timeslips will tell you everything. There's no way I woulda even come close to what I ran if I was on a street tire. There's lots of guys on here getting Amazing sixty foots which translate to great ET's. I would never go to the track again without Drag Radials or slicks.

My time was a combination of alot of things. Great track prep (The day I ran there was an import shootout) Tail Wind, Air Temp and Density was perfect. I got a best of a 1.7 Sixty foot too that day and I always get 1.8's.

Go pick up some Mickey Thompson Street Drag Radials and go back to the track. I guarantee you will shave that ET bigtime!

Lightninglee

Lightninglee
Established Member
Thanx guys, I figured there was more to it with how u ran SPEED.

I have plans for DR's, lowering and headers but wont be till later this year or beginning of next year, so next run will be in the spring.

With the datalogging part, I bought the L with some kind of tune on it, so I plan getting an SCT tuner and WMS tuning it, along with an sct maf and going with a 6lb lower, so looking if anyone has one for sale?

Lightninglee

Lightninglee
Established Member
My first 2 runs pulled good off the line and didnt spin and I still ran a high 13 almost 14, didnt start spinning till my 4th run

WhiteFoxGT

Resident Ford Tech
Established Member
I'd love to get me a set of DRs or slicks... I've heard going to straight slicks might slow you down. Anyone wanna let me borrow their tires? :D

My best run so far was [email protected] and thats on regular nitto 555s spinning (1.88 60')
I know my truck has power for low low 12s.

Users who are viewing this thread