Quarter Mile Times For You Harley Guys

rk_2000_Z/28

LS1 to SVT
Established Member
What's up fellas? I Just joined this site a few days ago, and don't let my screen name fool you. Yes I am Chevy Heavy, buyt I love kick ass vehicles of all types. That includes Camaros, Mustangs, Cobras, Vettes, Lightnings, and Harley trucks!

One of the main reasons why I joined this sight is because my best friend just bought a Harley truck a few months ago and I wanted to help get as much info as I can for him. LS1Tech.com is a huge help to me so I hope that you guys can be a big help to us.

Anyways sorry for the long speech. We are about to start modding his truck, but first we were going to go to the track and get some bas E/T's. I was wondering if you guys have any numbers that would give us an idea of what we should be looking for. Either post your own Harley times, a friend of yours, someone you saw at a track, or even just times that you have heard.

Thanks fellas, and any help is greatly apreciated.

EnglishAdam

Established Member
Welcome to the HD section.

I presume your buds truck is a Supercharged 02 or 03?
Stock these will run a high 14 under the right conditions.
A 6lb lower, CAI, plugs and a good tune get get you into the mid 13's quite easily.
To get much quicker, you need additional mods like slicks or DR's, ported or aftermarket bower, nitrous or other supporting mods.

Good luck :thumbsup:

rk_2000_Z/28

LS1 to SVT
Established Member
Thanks. Yes, he has an '03 (silver and black two-tone) with Bell-Tech Suspenion all around with about a 2" drop. Right now he has the oil-seperator (I have no idea what that does) and a pully upgrade. The guy he bought the truck from did the pully swap. I believe he said it was 2#'s. What are the stock pullys on these trucks? and what would he have now?

I have some real nice pics, but I am not sure how to post on this website now, once I get it figured out I will post them for ya'll

EnglishAdam

Established Member
The stock lower pulley is 7.5" dia. I have no idea about a 2lb but I can tell you that a 9" dia is a 6lb.
The stock upper on an HD is 3.125" as opposed to the 2.93" of the Lightning.

The oil seperator stops all the oil from the pcv valve getting sucked back inside the engine. Some people swear by it and others leave it alone.

If you want to post pictures, you need to host then at a dedicated site like Photobucket. Go to www.photobucket.com and follow the oncsreen instructions. It's free.
Then when you have your pics uploaded, you will see a thumbnail of it and 3 tag lines below. Copy and paste the lower tag into your post and you will see the picture there.

03Harley

Established Member
I took my truck to the track the only mod that was on the truck was reversed glasspacs, and my best was a 14.7 in the 1/4 mile, and that was with the stock goodyears.

Last edited:

EnglishAdam

Established Member
14.7 is about right depending on track conditions.
I ran a best of 14.9 at HRP last year on a fairly warm night.
You have to remember that the HD is approx. 800lb heavier than the Lightning when comapring times and mods. Every 100lbs extra weight loses you a 1/10 second in the quarter.

Last edited:

EnglishAdam

Established Member
I guessed thaat seeing as it says Baytown as your location :p

There's a few HD and Lightning guys who get together there for racing or meeting up at Kemah.
Look in the Texas forum on the NHTOC for the Houston meetings.

Users who are viewing this thread