Quarantine track day

badmpg03

Established Member
So yeah I know it's terrible out there ....but my dad and I notice a local Houston track we have been to a few times was still open....not sure how, and I didn't ask questions. Good weather forecast, world is falling apart as we know it, yeah why not - we head to the track with the shelby.
Towards the end of the day was a nice treat...identical to us, another Red GT350R pulls on the track. SCHWING!! I get excited, for we have been chasing Miata's around all day. We jump in the car and try to catch up and do some fun hot laps. I also wanted a reason to finally try out the gopro i bought 2 years ago. The helmet mount I have is a pos and apologies but was making a lot of noise. Vid starts with us strapping in. Some pics of the R are below as well,

IMG_6678.PNG
IMG_6682.PNG

fearthesnake

Established Member
Let'n the big dog eat! Love hearing that motor. Very rarely got below 6K RPM and really surprised how fast those RPM's rise.

Thanks for sharing.

fearthesnake

Established Member
One question: Is that a stock setup, exhaust/tune?

Watching this video makes me want a 350 but there are no tracks around where I live like that.

Dave.O

Established Member
That looks like msr Houston, I live 20 min from there and tend to go several times a year with my 03.

Google them, they have a calendar that will show events you can register for
Tde, nasa, chin, etc

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Awesome!

The track near me is open as well(Toronto Motorsports Park) but my track tires would probably crack on the way there. Way too cold now

blk02edge

Established Member
my first track day (april 1st) happens to land on my last day of quarantine. Can not wait

badmpg03

Established Member
Are you a member at that track? Can’t seem to find too much info on how to race on that track?

It’s MSR Houston, my Dad just became a member and I was his guest for the day,
To get on, best to find a club or group that rents out the track, and you can pay them for some sessions or pay for a track day. If you are a non member you can’t get on, Kind of sucks, but track is a lot of fun

badmpg03

Established Member
Let'n the big dog eat! Love hearing that motor. Very rarely got below 6K RPM and really surprised how fast those RPM's rise.
Thanks for sharing.
One question: Is that a stock setup, exhaust/tune?

Watching this video makes me want a 350 but there are no tracks around where I live like that.

thanks man!
Car is bone stock to the tires, was really impressed, we did 4 back to back 25 min sessions and motor/brakes/trans didn’t skip a beat. It was damn fun, and hate to admit it, but I’ve had more fun in that car than I ever have had in my ‘04.

That looks like msr Houston, I live 20 min from there and tend to go several times a year with my 03.

Google them, they have a calendar that will show events you can register for
Tde, nasa, chin, etc
Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

dave would love to meet you out there sometime, I hardly ever see 03/04’s in Houston at all.
My ‘04 just got MM coil overs but having some motor problems at moment, it’s setup for drag however still have IRS and goal is to start tracking it,

Users who are viewing this thread