Quality of Autometer Gauge Bezel

optx002

Established Member
I just got a autometer dual guage dash bezel. I tried to put the gauges on and test fit them. The two metal bolts that stick out from the back of the gauges hit the plastic speedo cover. Should i trim the bolt ?

Also, the autometer doesnt have any clips to clip into the stock location, just the two holes on the top to screw in the stock screws. Anyone make anything to support it better on the bottom, or do most people leave the bezel alone with just the two top screws.

what are the two holes on the left and right side for?

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Hey buddy. I just installed that same item over the weekend. The bezel fit isnt too bad but would have been better if they had clips like the stock part.

You will need to cut the bolts on the gauges. The Stewart Warner GUS that I put in had two long bolts for mounting purposes and I just cut the one that was hitting the instrument cluster off so it would clear.

Also the holes on the lower right and left side are ment to be used with the two small torx screws and mounting brackets so the clust fits tight on the bottom. It should have came with these screws in the kit

I will post up a picture of mine.

optx002

Established Member
Thanks. I bought the bezel from someone here, and it was stated that it was new, but i didnt get anything but the bezel. I guess im going to have to go to home depot and find something. I just dont like how it only mounts with the top two screws at the moment.

Im surprised autometer made the bezel this way so that the bolts had to be cut. Especially since its their own gauges, you would expect they would make them fit.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
You would expect that but I am sure it is easier for us to cut them than for others to extend them when need be. I had no problem with my dpic because it just had wires running out of the back of it.

If you need to I can either mail you the instructions that show the mounting brackets and where they are located or can just send you some pictures. I need to pull my bezel off anyway to rerun a new boost line to the stock cluster. (I broke the other one trying to pull the cluster back out after installing the boost overlay and it wasnt working)

optx002

Established Member
Thanks again man. But i read the instructions on the autometer website. I guess ill just have to try and contact the seller again, or maybe see if autometer can send me another bracket.

optx002

Established Member
i wasnt talking about the bolt, i was talking about the mounting bracket for the cluster. i know i have to cut the bolt for the gauges. thanks.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Well when trying to pull my bezel off I found that the left side screw was cross threaded and wouldnt come out. I had to pull the SOB out and it broke the bracket.

Did you email or call autometer to get those brackets? Now I need to call them

Thanks,

B

optx002

Established Member
i went to the website and went to contact and just sent them an email. good luck. i dont think ill have time to install the gauges until early jan. but ill see if i can get it done sooner. good luck with autometer.

Users who are viewing this thread