QUAD riders, look in here

SilverELEX

Established Member
Hey guys whats up. Im lookin into getin my first quad. Specifically looking at the Yamy yfz450 or the raptor 700se. I realize these are pretty serious quads for my first quad, however i have the means and want to get something nice and something that i wont get bored with 6 months down the road. Anyone ride either of these? What are the pro/cons of each? Anything else I should be considering, from Honda or Suzuki? Any input is appreciated

nodaksvt

ehhh?
Established Member
dude, i dont know if you fully understand the power of those quads for a first time rider. its like giving a 16 year old a built cobra... i would stick to something like a polaris predator or outlaw 500. fast, powerful, good looking and you wont get bored with it 6 months down the road.

Last edited:

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
i used to have the yfz450 and my buddy has the 660 raptor. both are pretty mean, his is a little faster in a straight line, but he cant take a turn quite as fast. the raptors sit higher than the 450's. if i were to buy another, it would be ANOTHER yfz450. the 450's are way more stable in tight turns and still have a shitload of power. im not sure about the 700 raptors, havent had any experience with one. if you do get one, i recommend up grading it with a twist grip throttle right away. mine was usually pegged out either doing wheelies or messing around on two wheels, and my thumb and lower hand would get quite the workout.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
SilverELEX said:
Anything else I should be considering, from Honda or Suzuki? Any input is appreciated
hondas 450 is suppose to be pretty intense as well. dont forget about the polaris 450, thats not a bad runner either. it comes down to choice more or less in that class. im a yamaha guy, and to me, the yfz looks the best.

thebestofindica

Established Member
I would go with KFX450R. Or you could go 2 stroke for the ultimate thrill ride. Quadzilla (LT500), honda 250r, banshee, etc...

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
My cousin has a new 700 raptor and loves it. I've ridden it a few times and it's a great machine. Lots of power, but if you treat it with respect and ride like you have sense until you get some experience you'll be alright. The suspension is a a little softer than my 400ex is. Not quite as bumpy.

SilverELEX

Established Member
nodaksvt said:
dude, i dont know if you fully understand the power of those quads for a first time rider. its like giving a 16 year old a built cobra... i would stick to something like a predator or outlaw 500. fast, powerful, good looking and you wont get bored with it 6 months down the road.

Well, i have some idea what kinda power they have i used to ride a few 800cc sleds..if the power is any comparison to that at all

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
If you want a good trail quad that has ridiculous power go for the Raptor 700 f.i.; if you want a quad more for the track go for the yzf450 or the honda 450.....all great machines.----if you are 6ft+ definately go for the Raptor!

AirForce Hemi

Kenne Bell FTW
Established Member
Smokey1226 said:
450 is a beast, thats all there is too it. 150cc less and will still hand the raptor it's a$$?

Um no. I have an 07 700R and an 06 YFZ450 in a straight line the 700R walks it. On the track different story.

If you want a trail Quad I would say the 700R. If you plan to hit the track more YFZ450 all the way.

nodaksvt

ehhh?
Established Member
Polaris Outlaw 525 (one bad mofo)
07_Outlaw525.jpg

Last edited:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
if i was you man, id start out on a honda 250r, that has plenty of power and a TON of aftermarket, then step up to something else later. That yfz450 is a freakin savage. Im not scared of atv's at all but my buddies mildly modded one scared the s**t out of me a few times.

slick4_6

Established Member
IMG_0206.jpg

Take a look at the Outlaw eater. LOL Its not an Outlaw eater but it is plenty strong. First impressions on the new Outlaw was that it took a piped Raptor to swap wins with an Outlaw. LTE's on a Raptor put the Raptor on top. The few people to post on the forums with an Outlaw said if it had anymore power you couldnt keep the front end down. My Raptor ran 75mph bone stock and 78 after unplugging the speed limiter. Plenty fast for me and it gets there quick. If you like to trail ride, get a Raptor. If you want to MX, get a YFZ. If your a bigger guy, get a Raptor regardless.

SilverELEX

Established Member
mineralgrey01gt said:
if i was you man, id start out on a honda 250r, that has plenty of power and a TON of aftermarket, then step up to something else later. That yfz450 is a freakin savage. Im not scared of atv's at all but my buddies mildly modded one scared the s**t out of me a few times.

Yah i dont need all the power the 450 has, really leanin towars the raptor

slick4_6

Established Member
90_red_lx said:
My cousin has a new 700 raptor and loves it. I've ridden it a few times and it's a great machine. Lots of power, but if you treat it with respect and ride like you have sense until you get some experience you'll be alright. The suspension is a a little softer than my 400ex is. Not quite as bumpy.

I resemble that remark.;-)

Users who are viewing this thread