Qiuck question about f/p gauge

s/c stang

Established Member
I recently installed a F/P gauge, when installed the gauge goes from zero to 95 and then back to 20. On idle the car reads 20 and when driving it may go up to 26, now when cruising say 60 and I lift the pedal the gauge will bounce up to 54-56 and then back to 20.Do you think I have a faulty gauge or is there something else like my BAP wiring...tha

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I recently installed a F/P gauge, when installed the gauge goes from zero to 95 and then back to 20. On idle the car reads 20 and when driving it may go up to 26, now when cruising say 60 and I lift the pedal the gauge will bounce up to 54-56 and then back to 20.Do you think I have a faulty gauge or is there something else like my BAP wiring...tha

Mines at 30 on idle and goes up as I press the pedal in harder. While cruising it usually is right around 30 or over.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
When decelerating it drops to about 20 or so on the average, and when accelerating it will usually climb to about 50-60. I don't really looks at it that much to be honest. I just have it's warning lights set to a certain parameter, and if they go off, or I glance over and notice that something looks abnormal, or my pressure is low then something is up.

-Jeff

s/c stang

Established Member
what your fuel pressure run when you shift between gears like getting on it ? whats the pressure down too.?

it idles at 22psi and on drivng/crusing 26psi on shifts it does goes to 44psi, but its just that when I 'm driving at normal speeds it sits at 24 psi but when I decelarate/let of the gas the gauge jump to 54-56psi and then back to its normal range of 24psi...I was wondering if anyone had the same problem or is it normal to do this cause on my other car it doesnt do this.....

03cobramanIII

Banned
i had my car dynoed last week, i dont have a gauge on my car, but they where plugged into my car with a laptop through the obd connector, said between shift my pressure would spike up then come down to 2 psi? i just deleted the pprv vavle, not sure if thats going to help?
they just didnt know why it went so low, so they didnt want to contine dynoing?

i got my dyno files but no data, i cant open the dyno file on my p/c ? can someone open them if i copy and paste them, will that work?

Users who are viewing this thread