QA1's Cust Service problems

La lightning

03 SB L
Established Member
I usally dont do flame threads, but I figured I'd share for other people in the market. That being said, I bought some new qa1 rear for the L middle of last year. I put about maybe 200mi on them and noticed oil residue around both shock bodies. Now I knew that they were having this problem but was under the impression it was solved. So I wiped them off and hoped it was tire shine overspray. Put another 1000mi on it and it felt like it was starting to bottom out. So when I changed the oil the following guess what i found? More oil. Called qa1, gave them the details, faxed a copy of my receipt, and after some tech talk was assured that they would take care of it with a 1-2 day turn around after received since this is my DD. Ok, I'm good with that. Shipped them out on Jan 19th, they received them on the 22nd. Its now the 29th and I havent heard anything so I call. Talked to someone,"Ya, they're here, but they are still waiting to get checked out. Let me figure this out and I'll call you right back." This is around 9am. I hear nothing all day so around4pm I call back. "Both the guy you talked to and the tech are gone for the day. Can I help you with anything?" I explain the whole story, this is my DD, what can we do? "Let me make a phone call, what's your number, I'll call you back in a min." Needless to say, no call. Call again this morning, talk to the original guy from yesterday and guess who has a little attiude? Not me, yet. So I ask him what are our options are. "maybe today, maybe monday." So I asked about maybe overnighting them to me. And with an attitude " are you paying for that?" I told him no, you dropped the ball with the time frame and phone calls why would I? "well then you should get them sometime by next week". Now I know that issues happen from time to time, but over the years almost every vendor that has ever messed up would make it right by overnighting to resolve the issue. All I got was attitude with a touch of smart a$$. I'm not to happy with the product or the company. Just thought I'd vent.

JCHicks

Established Member
Sucks! Though thats not the first time I've heard this.

Strange Enginerring FTW!!!!
Awesome Customer service!!!

La lightning

03 SB L
Established Member
Sucks! Though thats not the first time I've heard this.

Strange Enginerring FTW!!!!
Awesome Customer service!!!

Ya, I'm thinking maybe I should of gone with the strange eng instead. I figured that I was going the right route by spending the extra $$. Obviously i wasnt paying for cust service.

Hollywoood

Protected by GLOCK...
Established Member
I had to send my fronts out for repair, I ended up sending them to a business in Denver, and they took excellent care of me! They even dynoed the shocks before returning them to me...... My repair was out of warranty, but was very reasonable.... I can get the name of the shop, if anyone needs it...
:)

ecoastkid

Established Member
I hate hearing about this crap....Did you light him up...lol..I wouldn't have been able to control myself. Did you ask to speak to his boss or the senior management?

La lightning

03 SB L
Established Member
Yesterday when I talked to the second guy, I explained to him that obviously the ball was dropped and I was put into a bind. I mentioned overnighting to him and he would see what they could do when he returned my call back in a min. Nerver heard from him so I didnt get any update. Today when I called, I got the first guy again. He's the smart one, so ya I expressed my displeasure after he asked me if I was paying. And no, I didnt talk to anyone else. I was not in the mindset to talk to anyone else there and I've gotten the impression that they really don't care anyways.

ecoastkid

Established Member
I dug around a little bit on google and found this

Qa1 Precision Products Inc, Lakeville, MN in Spoke's business directory

Lists three people that may still work there

Jim Jordan - President
Carol Antonson - VP materials
Christopher King - Finance Executive

Other Pages... Christina King, Patrick LaValle, and Melissa Jordan

Their internal email appears to have qa-one.com as the domain....so name@qa-one.com [email protected] is one example I found.

Perhaps you can construct some addresses out of that and email bomb them with a letter complaining about the treatment you received.

Tex Arcana

Established Member
I had to send my fronts out for repair, I ended up sending them to a business in Denver, and they took excellent care of me! They even dynoed the shocks before returning them to me...... My repair was out of warranty, but was very reasonable.... I can get the name of the shop, if anyone needs it...
:)

Bro, I need it, I've got a blown right front. Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread