QA1 vs X2 Ball Joints

52merc

Established Member
I've searched around and not found much info on the QA1 rebuildable ball joint. They offer a version (P/N 1210-296P) which has a 0.5" extended stud. It could be used instead of the Steeda X2. Its a little less expensive. Some race guys seem to like them. Probably because they can be rebuilt after crash damage. I just couldn't find anybody using them on the street. They sound really interesting, especially being rebuildable.

Has anyone used these?

shurur

Established Member
I will be replacing my X2's soon.
I had no idea these existed..I'll look into it as well.
I like the idea of not having to press out ball joint again..
Good find...Thanks.

52merc

Established Member
I saw the Proforged but they are more expensive than the X2s and I just don't see any reason to spend the extra money. Since I didn't get any real feedback on the QA1s, I ordered the X2s along with:
Energy Suspension greaseable front swaybar bushings and adjustable endlinks
MM aluminum rack bushings
Bilstein HD struts and shocks
Gobal West LCA bushings
Prothane front and rear spring isolators
FTBR IRA bushing kit and their new front diff brace

I still plan on bushings and endlinks for the rear swaybar (just haven't ordered it yet). I want to get all this installed and aligned and see if I need the bumpsteer parts. I need to save up some more money before I buy anything else.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
And getting some heim endlinks and good poly swaybar bushings and a better swaybar on the IRS out back is very nice.

shurur

Established Member
I keep forgetting about the damn isolators lol. I don't even run them in the IRS out back.
Those rear spring isolators are damned sqeaky..believe me...i experience them everyday.

Some guys use the Ford oem rubber upper rear iso and 5/8 heater hose on the lower pigtail. You will get a better drop..but no rake...and no squeak.

shurur

Established Member
Eh, mine is silent with no isolators whatsoever.

sorry.. didn't read your whole post.
anyways..yup..those prothane rear poly isos are squeaky as hell.
front seems ok though...dunno why..

My death bed list is to add the front steeda spring spacer ring, as i think not having it may be helping to eat x2 ball joints....and replace the rear upper spring iso with rubber spacer and the lower ring with heater tube on the lower pigtail..

Users who are viewing this thread