What where when and who? LOL

Options I'm thinking of:

1) MM for everything....

2) QA1 Shocks and Struts and Coilovers
MM IRS Bushings.

Thanks all I really appreciate it!

oldmodman

Established Member
Last night I did a search on "coil overs" and probably spent an hour reading all the posts. The preferances seem to run at least 75% MM
A few people were pissed off at the "high price" of MM stuff and got all the part # from MM and searched for cheaper sources on there own. A few of them saved a few bucks but later found out that some of the small bits and pieces needed for a perfect, easy install were only available from MM. Everyone that bought the MM complete kit (about $1300.00) was happy with the results.

OregonMustang

500/500 club member
Established Member
Going with the MM Front coil overs and new 4 bolt caster cambers...and rear coil overs as well. prob stay with stock shocks and struts?

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
LargeOrangeFont said:
Hit up Lethal Performance and talk to Derek. He got my MM coilover setup to me quickly at a great price.

+1, I didn't pay near the $1300 as stated above. If you're going to have them installed, its going to be around that kind of price.

All you need is:

Front kit
Rear kit
Upper strut mounts

I additionally got a lower k-member brace (I have no ground clearance anymore), and a spanner wrench to be sure.

I am crazy happy with this set up. It rides like it does stock, and I pretty much can't lower the car anymore. I love the way it looks.

I can't wait to strap on some slicks and take down some C6's on the road course.

OregonMustang

500/500 club member
Established Member
CobraRed01 said:
Regarding Coil-overs...check out this post in the New Edge forum. Some good information to consider.... http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226575

Wow that is a killer thread thanks bro!

So I need a set of 300lb fronts huh? Excellent muahahahaha

I'm planing on using my stock shocks and struts...mabye I should spring for the Cobra R's in the front?

Eric

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Just a reminder...the guys on the New Edge forum are talking 99's and 01's (like mine)....aluminum block...lighter front-end. Terminators...adjust your spring rates accordingly.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
OregonMustang said:
Wow that is a killer thread thanks bro!

So I need a set of 300lb fronts huh? Excellent muahahahaha

I'm planing on using my stock shocks and struts...mabye I should spring for the Cobra R's in the front?

Eric

No way. 300 will be too light for a Terminator. Most guys here go with a 350\550 setup. 400 is about the most the stock struts will handle. My friend has 400# on MM race valved bilstiens. It feels great, but I am going with 375# on stock struts and 600# on the rear with Cobra R shocks to start. 600# or more in the rear will need Cobra R rear shocks.

Last edited:

OregonMustang

500/500 club member
Established Member
Ok I guess they are 350# thats what my buddy has anyhow...for $275 for MM's with coils I'm not going to bitch. On the rear what should I hit #600 that's stock right pound wise?

Yeah I'm looking and the Cobra R's dont' look to bad price wise.

Eric

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
MidLifeC said:
MM recommended 575 R with the 375 F. 375/600 might be imbalanced.

I've driven 400\650. Its pretty stiff, but the handling is unreal. It was a lil too stiff for me, so I am turning it down just a little. Springs are cheap anyway.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
and a whole lot of meaningless drivel too. wow!

Gee, sorry dude. I thought it might be interesting to hear some of the concerns others have about their coil-overs. Not all of it is relevant, but there's some valid tech in there. Hate to see people spend their money and not be satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread