qa1 adjustable or lakewood 50/50 shocks?

Chuckie B

Established Member
Was thinking of def qa1 adjustables but now that I'm doing 5way adjustable drag struts I'm wondering if I'm going to have too much to screw with... anyone have opinions on either of these shocks? Car has a solid axle

Thanks
Cb

Last edited:

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
Lakewood 50/50 work great on my fox went from stock to those with the addition of lower control arms went from 1.83 60ft best to a 1.51 60ft on the same drag radials

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Anabolic

Banned
I have the QA1 adjustable rears, to answer above it's IRS the car hooks well, I don't do hard launches often because it's IRS I have them adjusted fully (-) soft. & the ride is nice.
i heard good things about lakewood 90/10 50/50s.. & also like qa1s from the hands on experience and was looking at their coil-over setup too..
there both good products

Last edited:

Evo2SVT

Established Member
I gained .15 just by swapping the Lakewood 90/10's and 50/50's out for some Strange adjustable fronts and rear. Spend a little coin now and never have to worry about it again.

Last edited:

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Ran lakewood 90/10's up front and 50/50's Rear, car 60ft the best of 1.48 and was always under 1.52.

Last edited:

Anabolic

Banned
you guys with great 60' times, are these with IRS? I was woundering if the shocks help support the half shafts at all with IRS at the track/hard launching lol

Tractionless1

Established Member
Ran lakewood 90/10's up front and 50/50's Rear, car 60ft the best of 1.48 and was always under 1.52.

Great work with a nice and simple setup!

you guys with great 60' times, are these with IRS? I was woundering if the shocks help support the half shafts at all with IRS at the track/hard launching lol

Me? Yes with IRS, poly chunk bushings, welded ears, 26x11x16 slicks, QA1 shocks, 70/30 struts, front stock springs cut, rear Steeda sports, ISO's in, front swaybar disconnected, all else OEM. My rear is built with an Eaton Trutrac, billet diff. caps, solid pinion sleeve, and LP cover; however, the same is commonly achieved with a stock rear. My pumpkin mods. are simply for bulletproofing, no real advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread