Q: Lowering The Engine (for KB 3.6)

EvilSnake

Established Member
I have been thinking quite a bit about a 3.6 for my 2011 and my car does have a SS hood but I have heard that I will still need to use the 1/2 inch lowering motor mounts… Im not sure if anyone has had any luck without using those with a SS hood?

Also, by lowering the engine 1/2 inch will that effect the transmission angle and all that connects to it at all? I have a hard time believing that lowering the motor does not have any further effects on everything else.

Bad Company

Established Member
From what I've been told and read on the Kenne Bell website, the SS hoods will clear on some cars and will not on others. Kenne Bell wants a 1/2" air gap between the supercharger and the hood. They recommend after the SC install to roll out a strip of Play-Doh on top of the supercharger. Gently close the hood, open the hood, measure the thickness of the Play-Doh. If the Play-Doh is less than 1/2" thick. Install lowering motor mounts.

If you're worried about driveshaft angle. Shelby Performance Parts sells a billet transmission crossmember that will lower the rear of the transmission. You will have to make shims to get the correct angle with this part and install them between the crossmember and transmission mount. This is what I plan on doing, because my mechanic had to drop the engine to clear the hood. My play-doh thickness was a 1/4" with the stock motor mounts

Users who are viewing this thread