Q for Larry

COTA'00 L

Larry I know that your running long tubes with high flow cats. What muffler are you using? If I put long tubes with the stock muffler and no cats do you think it would be to loud?

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I tried it without the cats. :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: Waaaaaaaaaaay too loud. Instant and constant ticket getter. I'm running the JDM free flowing cats with a custom cat back system built by my friend. It sounds great and you can really hear it when you stand on it. The mufflers are Bullet brand mufflers. They are stainless. And I put on 3 1/2 in. tips. :beer:

COTA'00 L

The reason I ask is that I was thinking of long tubes being my next mod, but I dont know. My truck with the new JLP parts kicks butt, like how much faster or quicker do I want it to be? I hardly ever use it. I was thinking of going with some 20s and a sound system, or fixing up my daily driver, its a tore-up '72 VW bug. People in the streets make fun of me when they see me in it, specially the ricers, but I smile back and say to myself " If they only knew what I have in the garage". I was thinking of building a hot 2332cc motor for it to smoke them rice boys, but I dont know yet i have a few months to think about it. What do you guys think?

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
It's never TOO fast. The LTs and cats will make a nice difference.
Have you ever run 20s? They look beautiful>But they ride and handle like crap. I will never run them again. :)

COTA'00 L

Well I still have a couple of months to think about it, but I think ill keep the stock wheels. I know that lower profile tires makes the ride harder. Thanks Larry

Users who are viewing this thread