Q about 2lb pulley on a 4lb tune

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
I see on alot of sites claim that a tune is not required for an extra 2 psi of boost increase on a stock engine but I would like to use my handheld programmer. Since I'm going with an 2.75 upper pulley for now, which is my best option on a stock engine:

1. Install the performance tune with the 2.75 pulley
2. Install the 4lb pulley tune with the 2.75 pulley
3. No tune with the 2.75 pulley

silveraider

Established Member
since you already have the tuner.. count out #3.. really no extra sweat re-tuning, if you wanna keep more drive-ability.. go with number #1... if you want more power it wont hurt the drive-ability that much to put on the 4# and the 2.75.. IMO #2

Krwy

Established Member
I have a home ported Eaton, 2.8 upper and didn't need to change anything on my performance tune on my SCT X3. I actually pulled fuel because it was at 10:1 a/f on my wideband. I pulled 2% of fuel at WOT and see 11.1-11.6 a/f WOT. I really wouldn't worry about it, the stock handheld tunes are super rich.

Krwy

Established Member
If you install the 2lb upper with a 4lb tune its gonna run way rich. Like I said, I TOOK away fuel when I added the 2lb upper on SCT X3 stock performance tune. If you have a wideband it will help LOADS when simple tuning it on your own.

Users who are viewing this thread