Q & A Session... - Ask a Ford Dealer

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Glad this thread exists, but at 18 pages I couldn't find my answer but I'm sure someone will be able to chime in with an answer. Here is my question: with X plan, do dealer discounts and customer cash still get applied? For example, I have my eye on a 2018 GT PP, here is the breakdown:

Dealer invoice with holdback for the GT: $33,165
Dealer invoice on PP: $3,795
Transport/Delivery Charge: $900
Total Dealer invoice: $37,860
To calculate X-plan multiply by .996 and add $275
So total cost on X-plan for vehicle with no customer cash or dealer discounts is $37,984 (MSRP is $39,990)

Right now Ford is running customer cash at $1500 and on the dealer's website it says that the dealer is giving a discount of $2,094. Would both of these offers be applied if I use X plan? If so, it would be sweet to use X plan and deduct $3,594 from the invoice price of $37,984. I'd be able to get the GT PP for $34,390.

Thoughts on this?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
rebates from ford still apply in most cases but the dealer discounts likely won't, you've already gone around that with the Xplan. When I ordered my 12 F150 on Xplan pricing I still got all the rebates

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
rebates from ford still apply in most cases but the dealer discounts likely won't, you've already gone around that with the Xplan. When I ordered my 12 F150 on Xplan pricing I still got all the rebates

I guess I assumed that. Thanks for the reply. I was thinking Ford would still throw in the customer cash but the dealer wouldn't give the dealer discounts.

Right now with the dealer discounts the MSRP is $39,990 and the price after their discounts and Ford customer cash is $36,396. Seriously considering the deal without X plan.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
How big of a deal are the survey the dealers send out?
In my area they are huge. The dealers get dingged hard when they come back bad. I dont know if they still do but the salesman use to get bonus based off good surveys

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
In my area they are huge. The dealers get dingged hard when they come back bad. I dont know if they still do but the salesman use to get bonus based off good surveys

Ok. I always give my service advisor 5 stars and leave her name on my reviews

Dusten

Established Member
I guess I assumed that. Thanks for the reply. I was thinking Ford would still throw in the customer cash but the dealer wouldn't give the dealer discounts.

Right now with the dealer discounts the MSRP is $39,990 and the price after their discounts and Ford customer cash is $36,396. Seriously considering the deal without X plan.
Moat dealers will beat x plan without any work

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
My dealer was lucky, I am 200 miles away and so I used a local for my oil cooler recall. I gave the selling dealer the good review, locals got bad review because they didn't torque the oil filter and it leaked.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Obviously I can't answer for all makes and/or dealerships, but I can say with 100% certainty that our new car surveys matter a ton. I just lost $400 last month because of an "8" rating on a question (scale of 1-10). Then again, all of our questions must be answered with a 10 or it's considered failing. But I can't promise that's the way it works elsewhere either.

If you ever have a problem or hiccup somewhere in the system, try addressing it right then and there. Especially if it's not related to your salesperson. When you tank a survey, you're really hurting the salesperson the most. The dealership as a whole is impacted, sure, but it will directly reflect on your salesperson's paycheck most of the time. There's also usually a place to write comments and/or suggestions that won't impact a survey scoring, but give a higher up the chance to read about your experience.

Side note: my dealership also monetarily compensates a customer for a positive review on our social media pages, as well as us.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Side note: my dealership also monetarily compensates a customer for a positive review on our social media pages, as well as us.

That's pretty sketchy. lol

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
A bad survey I left my dealer went from them blowing me off over a noise in my 3.5 ecoboost, to them replacing the engine with a short block because a connecting rod turned out to be bent.

Being honest on the survey is best. If they didnt do you right give them a bad survey. Ford doesnt want un happy customers. Glad you got everything taken care of.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Being honest on the survey is best. If they didnt do you right give them a bad survey. Ford doesnt want un happy customers. Glad you got everything taken care of.

9 times out of 10 the manufacture doesn't give a shit about your bad survey. Chances are all you accomplished was taking money out of your advisor or salespersons paycheck, even if they had no fault in the matter. Best course of action is to deal with the matter head on and get it resolved rather than saying nothing and slamming the survey. If they don't make it right by all means take it out on the survey at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread