Pypes X-pipe

skunkt-u

Established Member
I just purchased a 05 GT with 16K on the odo. It has the K&N CAI, And Ford racing mufflers. I was wondering if the pypes X-pipe would be a good combo for the exhaust? Oh and my car is a auto. Is their a difference in the x-pipes when it comes to 5spd or auto??? TIA James

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
There is a difference between most x-pipes in auto vs manual form.

Are you looking at the O/R version or the catted version.

With the catted version you won't see that much iprovement, with O/R version it should give you a nice improvement.

skunkt-u

Established Member
Non-catted is fine with me. I just need to know wether there is a difference in auto or 5spd. I have found one but neither of us know if it will fit an auto. Oh its a Pypes brand X-pipe that I found!

ZChaos0026

Established Member
i believe the pypes mid pipe is just the x part and not much more. i think it requires you to cut the h part out and weld the x in.

hemislayer99

Here...Hemi...Hemi!!!
Established Member
The Pypes is the whole cross over pipe. I just helped my buddy put one on his car. It does come in pieces though for ease of shipping I guess. I would suggest having it welded up. Other than that it fit really good. We didnt have any problems with it. Same goes with my H-pipe. They make good stuff.

Heres the link- http://www.pysales.com/iwwida.pvx?;item?item_no=XFM23 1?comp=ppe

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
The Pypes X pipe is basically from the header back to the mid part of the driveshaft. Btw Skunkt I PMed you with some help

Users who are viewing this thread