Pypes Headers

DaBigBone

Established Member
Who has any experience with the longtubes and X pipe? I've seen a few people say they had some rattling issues but am wanting some more info about fitment, etc, before I pull the trigger. Thanks!

Last edited:

KushBandit

Established Member
As they say, you get what you pay for. Everyone I know who runs Pypes products have fitment issues, myself included.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Ive heard good things about Stainless works and American racing(?)
No experience with either.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
The top 3 USA brands like Kooks, SW and ARH all fit 110% perfect. The stainless powers brand also fits amazing for the price. The pypes seems to be hit or miss on some, I personally run them and had the steering shaft rub. Nothing a little hammer couldn't fix.

scott_0

Established Member
I have Pypes, they're fine now that they're on the car, but if I had it to do again, I'd do ARH or SW's. my first driver's side header cleared the steering shaft, which is a big problem for Pypes, well this one hit the floor board under heavy load, they replaced it, well lol, what do you know, that one hit the steering shaft!! easy fix with a few washers under the motor mount bracket, but none the less, I wouldn't buy them again

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
pypes is a great economic brand, they are 304 stainless, them and the stainless power are our 2 best selling brands

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
Buy the ebay speedmaster headers. They are the same design as pipes and only $300. The only thing I have to do was dent the primary by the steering shaft.

Last edited:

92LX302

Established Member
I've got a set of Stainless Powers with their off-road X installed on my '13 earlier this spring. I choosed them because my dad had the same exact setup installed on his '11 last year.

Both had an excellent fit without issues or rattling.

clc44

Established Member
I've got a set of Stainless Powers with their off-road X installed on my '13 earlier this spring. I choosed them because my dad had the same exact setup installed on his '11 last year.

Any dyno numbers? Or video? I think those will be my selection.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member

Im also curious as to where the 02 sensors are pointed.

Noticed some are kinda pointed down towards road...not good I would say.

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
I've got a set of Stainless Powers with their off-road X installed on my '13 earlierthis spring.

Splitting hairs here but your sig says you have stainless works. There is a significant price difference between the two so if you are reviewing a product, so to speak, just want to make sure which one you're talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread