Pype Bomb Axle Back Exhaust Question

ARC

Established Member
Does this system hurt the car in any way? I've had mine on since almost the beginning of buying my '14 GT (7/18/13). The only downside I've seen/felt is a drone at 2,000 RPM. It's a bit annoying since 2,000 RPM is generally highway speed in 6th gear. Are there other effects that result? For example does it increase airflow and increase HP and torque? Does it mess with how the car runs? Any help is appreciated.

Pypes Pype-bomb Axle-Back Mustang Exhaust (11-14 GT) SFM76MS

Above is a link to the product. I got mine used from a friend and he installed them for me. Thanks

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
The only thing they affects is noise level, I don't think you gain any power from them.

I have a set of Pype bombs on a shelf in my garage, they were the first mod I did to the car when I purchased it in 2011. I've been toying around with re-installing them with my current set-up just to hear how loud it would be.

dannyf

Established Member
Just the bombs won't effect anything. If you start doing intake or further modding your exhaust then it would be in your best interest to tune the car.

BDFabrizio

Registered Abuser
Established Member
I've got them in mine. With 3.73's my hwy cruising speed is something like 23-2400. The drone is kind of annoying but its really only at 2k rpms. I rarely spend much time there.

@Mr Mach-ete: With long tubes and an off-road X you'd be suprised how tame these are at idle and normal driving. They do scream bloody murder wide open though.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
we sell a lot of them to guys that don't want to tune their cars

nice product and not very expensive.

let me know if you need a set,

beef
513-478-1965

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
I love these and the magnaflow muffler deletes which are basically the same thing except the magnaflows do not have the resonators in the pipes. They are literally muffler deletes. And they sound awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread