PVC coming out

hardcore35th

Established Member
wojowojo16 said:
I have a PCV on both valve covers running to the intake prior to the procharger, works just fine and no oil. I was thinking about just having them run under the car and dump under the K-Member, may leave some oil on the underside of the car but not a big deal.

I do have them going through oil seperators.
No big deal other than making the underside of your car a nasty mess, and potentially having a failure, and spraying oil all under your tires. :D

wojowojo16

Established Member
hardcore35th said:
Thanks for the correction. You must be bored. How is your PCV routed?

see under my original post.

I have a PCV on both valve covers running to the intake prior to the procharger, works just fine and no oil. I was thinking about just having them run under the car and dump under the K-Member, may leave some oil on the underside of the car but not a big deal.

blownaltered

Established Member
a94cobra said:
94 Cobra, supercharged, the PVC keeps poping out.

First of all what denotes a bad PVC? It rattles when you shake it. So I assume it's good.

I had a breather on the VC. But I really didn't like it. I replaced it with the cap. Now the PVC is blowing out. So I am pressurizing the crankcase. But how? I thought I had the vacuum routed so this wasn't an issue. Maybe I missed something.

Anyone had this issue?
If you caped the valve cover where the breather was then that is probably where your pressure is coming from, has no place to vent. You must have ventilation, to release the pressure.

hardcore35th

Established Member
wojowojo16 said:
see under my original post.

Sorry, I mised where you said it was before the blower. :beer:

a94cobra

Established Member
blownaltered said:
If you caped the valve cover where the breather was then that is probably where your pressure is coming from, has no place to vent. You must have ventilation, to release the pressure.

I did put a cap on the valve cover. But it has a feed line off there as well that runs to the catch can and back to before the charger. So it should be pulling vacuum. But it isn't.

2tonOfun

Established Member
On my blown 5.0, I ran the PCV from a T-bird SC (supercharged V-6 with same size PCV) and I ran the vent tube from my oil filler to the inlet side before the blower.

Are you also getting oil blowing by the dip stick?

hardcore35th

Established Member
a94cobra said:
I did put a cap on the valve cover. But it has a feed line off there as well that runs to the catch can and back to before the charger. So it should be pulling vacuum. But it isn't.
Is it sucking the rubber hose closed?

a94cobra

Established Member
2tonOfun said:
On my blown 5.0, I ran the PCV from a T-bird SC (supercharged V-6 with same size PCV) and I ran the vent tube from my oil filler to the inlet side before the blower.

Are you also getting oil blowing by the dip stick?

Yes I am getting blow by on the dip stick.

a94cobra

Established Member
On my 94, the drivers side doesn't have any spot for a breather. I could make one. On the rear of the heads, there is a crossover tube. Does this aid in relieving the crankcase pressure or is that for something else.

Soupy

Established Member
a94cobra said:
Yes I am getting blow by on the dip stick.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news... This is the fate of Ford's $8 hypereutectic pistons. You most likely have a cracked piston, probably at the ring land and the rings are holding the the whole mess together. I had the same thing happen to one of my applications. Good luck...

Users who are viewing this thread