Puzzling Taillight Misunderstandings.....

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
Hey guys, From the talk of the Headlights thread that has been going on for 2 weeks now I have been pricing out lights and I wanted to price the back lights too. Many of the vendors say the lights don't fit the 2003 and 2004 Cobra taillights (see attached photos).

I searched on here and I am aware of some old threads but nothing really seemed to make me feel factually sure that the tail lights are the same. The vendors saying that they are not makes me nervous to order.

I am fully aware the 99-00 have the Amber taillights. (Which also has been well talked about in the old threads and I too wish we had Amber for the 03/04 from Ford) So I know they are different and I am not sure if the fit is any different.....

I didn't want to bump an old thread and many of the vendor websites have people with Cobras in the customer pics. I just don't understand why they are advertising they wont fit our cars......

Any help would be Appreciated
Captureford.PNG
Captureford2.PNG
Captureford3.PNG

Captureford.PNG Captureford2.PNG Captureford3.PNG

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
It’s probably to cover themselves because while it does fit, a 99/01 cobra taillight isn’t an 99-04 ALL mustangs taillight. And the 3rd brake light is cobra specific to 03/04 cobras only. So if you had an 01 cobra and you are in the market for new taillights, you need to get 99/01 cobra specific taillights not the generic 99-04 taillights. Same thing with the 3rd brake lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

03SVT4DWP

Established Member
I'll add there was back in the day a conversion kit so you could mod the harness to accept the 99-01 Cobra lights. I had them on my previous 03 vert and couldn't believe the price of ambers now so smoked tail lights for now...

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
What is your question?

All 99-04 V6/GT/Mach/Cobra tails are the same, save 99-01 cobras obviously.

Question was are the taillights the same as the ones vendors are selling but say "do not fit 03 04 Cobra)

More so it was to calm my Nervousness to pull the trigger to order them when the Vendors say they "do not fit your Cobra".

My brain tells me they are the same and look the same but I didn't know if there was some kind difference in the mouthing hardware or the guts under the taillights that are different.

If you guys give the blessing that the "All 99-04 V6/GT/Mach/Cobra tails are the same" Then that is all I really needed and is reassurance for me to push the order button.

Thank you all for The comments. Its nice to have this forum of car owners who actually have the car rather than a Vendor who says things just to cover themselves "in case of".

You guys Rock!

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
Just a heads up to all or for those doing future homework. My lights came yesterday and I installed them and they fit fine!!! No issues They really look clear and make it look much better! I am very pleased.
20180819_190559.jpeg
20180819_195223.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member

03SVT4DWP

Established Member

03SVT4DWP

Established Member
Cool video..I had to do the same on my first 03 Terminator... Sadly a pair was like $125 back then

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread