Putting rear seats back

Dekorum

Established Member
I had my rear seats out for about a month and now I need to put them back in but I completely forgot how to. Does anyone care to explain with pictures if possible? I can't figure out how the bolt and those 2 plastic pieces go. There seems no room to bolt anything in in that tight area on the sides by the quarter panels. I'm talking about the backrest portion that folds down btw, the bottom is just a snap in.

Dekorum

Established Member
This is for taking the seats out keeping them on the metal frame. I took just the seats off the metal frame and want to put the seats back on it. Do I have to take the frame off to get the bolt to slide through the side where space is limited because of the quarter panels?

Last edited:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
When I was taking mine out for the seat delete, I half-assed removed one side by taking one of the bolts on the seat half out ... well, it will be a lot quicker, and easier to remove the seat frame, or atleast unbolt it and lean it forward, to hook up the seats. JMO

Dekorum

Established Member
Now I realize that it would have been easier to take out the entire frame with the seats still on it. But its too late. Now I am trying to put the seats back in the frame. I realize that I have to unbolt the frame and lean it forward to get the bolt in on the side for the seats. What I am asking is where the 2 plastic pieces for each seat go. Does the hole on the inside of the seat just slide over the rod sticking out and the white piece gets bolted to the other side of the seat for the white piece to lock in to the hole on the outsides of the frame?

Users who are viewing this thread