Putting on the stock pulley, can it be done?

TargeT

Established Member
Search is fuxored.. I tryed :(

I have the need to stick my stock pulley back on ( got a tick in the head & want to try to get it fixed via warenty) gonna need at LEAST to dechip & pulley the car,.. if it CAN be done whats involved? (i've got a pretty extensive ship, but i'm afraid of sticking this thing on a press & ****ing it up)

THANKS!

OATS

Established Member
TargeT, I've had my stock pulley off and on bizillions of times with my BF puller. Let me know if you need some help. It would take like 10 minutes. I'll be at KOS on Saturday, we could do it there. Let me know.

TargeT said:
Search is fuxored.. I tryed :(

I have the need to stick my stock pulley back on ( got a tick in the head & want to try to get it fixed via warenty) gonna need at LEAST to dechip & pulley the car,.. if it CAN be done whats involved? (i've got a pretty extensive ship, but i'm afraid of sticking this thing on a press & ****ing it up)

THANKS!
Hate to bring bad news but if you "Chiped" the ECM your warranty is VOID. If you tuned with a hand held you may have a chance. Opening the computer voids the warranty for good! Sorry :(

Juiced-03

Established Member
If you have the head tick, I doubt they will go so far as to check the computer. Just be sure to pull the chip out and clear any trouble codes in case they do a quick OBDII check (having a chip will throw a code). Putting the pulley back on is very easy. Hell, I took my car in there with an aftermarket press on pulley and just threw the pulley cover on there and they had no idea.

TargeT

Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
If you have the head tick, I doubt they will go so far as to check the computer. Just be sure to pull the chip out and clear any trouble codes in case they do a quick OBDII check (having a chip will throw a code). Putting the pulley back on is very easy. Hell, I took my car in there with an aftermarket press on pulley and just threw the pulley cover on there and they had no idea.

OATS, thanks man! I'll PM u on the alaska board,... but my car goes in FRIDAY MORNING (yes tomrrow) stupid Karl is convinced its too hard to do .. lol

i'll call him and tell him he's lost it..

yes i am chipped, and i do have the head tick, but like Juced says, i doubt they will go that far, just want it to go through as smooth as possible :)

Juiced-03

Established Member
Ya I'm sure most dealers are well aware of the head tick problem by now, so I don't think you will have any warranty issues. If the head tick wasn't common in these cars, then they may want to dig deeper for mods. Just put it as close to stock as possible to avoid any hassles and enjoy your Focus rental car lol

TargeT

Established Member
Big (HUGE) thanks to OATS, he helped me a lot last night, even though we absolutly mangled my 2.76 pulley &, well didnt even get the center section out.. he let me borrow a TON of stuff & i'm going to jump on this stuck hub with both feet (and a torch) its been soaking all night with PBblast (liquid wrench type stuff) & hopefuly will just slide out today @ lunch then i'll stick the stock one on with pulley cover, de chip & take her in.

I already told the service writer about my intake/throttle body/plenum & catback & he was cool with all that (we race autox together... lol) :D

TargeT

Established Member
Sounds like my penetrating liquid idea wont work on this type of set up, neither will heating, it was suggested I buy another (bigger) pulling tool, anyone run into a stuck hub like this? I guess I didn’t use anti seize when I put the pulley on :kaboom:

So, i reschedualed my dealer check up (turns out it wasn't a big deal. and works better for my the FORD guys anyway) :thumbsup:

Last edited:

TargeT

Established Member
Came off real easy with a bigger pulley, i think the 2.76 was too weak, the 3.10 pulled it right off :shrug: . (maybe the penitrating fluid i sprayed on all night helped too

big relief :-D

OATS

Established Member
Glad it worked out. I've never seen a pulley come apart like that before. Let me know if you need help checking/clearing trouble codes. Later.

Users who are viewing this thread